Game Development: Villages Extended Further

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Villages Extended Further

Postby JTG » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:33 am

Aww. Still no object destruction.
JTG

Postby Malicus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:44 am

Okay, now that I'm on... is the red thing the crime toggle? It gives no feedback of any sort when I click it.

Also, wow. A server restart where I didn't lose anything. Did something actually get FIXED, or did I just luck out?
Malicus

Postby jorb » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:46 am

Malicus wrote:Okay, now that I'm on... is the red thing the crime toggle? It gives no feedback of any sort when I click it.

Also, wow. A server restart where I didn't lose anything. Did something actually get FIXED, or did I just luck out?

No, the crime toggle is under the adventure menu. The red flag displays authority and the white skull private claims.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Malicus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:48 am

Ohhh. I see.
Malicus

Postby Hamel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:49 am

Question, can we un-dub Hirdsmen? I'm guessing that's what the "Dissolve the Hird" thing is.
The grumpiest tree you ever did see.

Character: Hamel, previously Chieftain of Ancient Bottleneck, a founding father of the Confederation of Bottleneck. Currently a hibernating soul.
Hamel

Postby JTG » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:50 am

If it shows on the minimap I'm going to love this update. Finally I can get all of those little straggler and single homesteads hiding out in the wilderness.
JTG

Postby jorb » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:52 am

Hamel wrote:Question, can we un-dub Hirdsmen? I'm guessing that's what the "Dissolve the Hird" thing is.

Correctamundo. The hirdsmen can leave the hird voluntarily, but if the chief wishes to reorganize his hird he must first dissolve it. Please note that this costs 1500 authority.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Hamel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:58 am

jorb wrote:
Hamel wrote:Question, can we un-dub Hirdsmen? I'm guessing that's what the "Dissolve the Hird" thing is.

Correctamundo. The hirdsmen can leave the hird voluntarily, but if the chief wishes to reorganize his hird he must first dissolve it. Please note that this costs 1500 authority.

Ah. Thanks. I guess I might not want to spend 1500 authority on dubbing and undubbing people just to find out how it works. :P

Character: Hamel, previously Chieftain of Ancient Bottleneck, a founding father of the Confederation of Bottleneck. Currently a hibernating soul.
Hamel

Postby kobnach » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:02 am

Malicus wrote:
jorb wrote:Crime toggle: There is now a "Criminal Acts" action in the adventure menu which can be used to toggle between allowing and disallowing your character to perform criminal acts. If this is set to 'off', your character will refuse any action that would produce a clue.

Could this maybe be a three-way toggle, with the additional option of not performing actions that would leave a force-summon clue, but still being okay with trespassing and the like?

Related to this, I'd happily grant a right-of-way through my claim if I could. It's big enough to be a minor nuisance to folks passing by, which I recognize and regret - but presently have no other way to even partially protect the features I stretched it to include.
kobnach

Postby Hamel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:16 am

In an attempt to test rather or not Hirdsmen could be summoned while offline, it appears I have crashed the game. My apologies to those who may have lost something. My conclusion from my testing is that you cannot summon people while they are offline.
Last edited by Hamel on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hamel

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements