Game Development: Circle the Wagons!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Circle the Wagons!

Postby DatOneGuy » Mon May 10, 2010 5:31 pm

ThirdEmperor wrote:Wow, what a lot of whining about having to use the default client.

I've had to use it since day one and you don't see me complaining.

Not that fixing it so it isn't a buggy piece of crap wouldn't be great.

When you try the alternative, try hard not to come back and change your post.

--
What are the chances of having a way to get these wagons out of gates, or some bigger gates, or something? It's pretty much being able to use the wagon versus having no gates. Unless I have a wagon unloading area and unload it with carts which is blah, I want a fancy wagon+ox in mah town. :o
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby KillerofLawyers » Mon May 10, 2010 7:57 pm

The general market makes the third party clients superior to the standard one. Just let third party players develop their own clients and use those. That way Jorb and Loftar can focus on developing the core game.
KillerofLawyers

Postby KoE » Tue May 11, 2010 10:28 pm

loftar wrote:It should be perfectly safe to log out in the wagon, for either the driver or any of the five passengers.

My companion did this and he is now, at my best guess, about a supergrid away. We tested it quickly before he logged out for the night (he logged out, I moved, he logged back in and was in the shotgun seat). He left, and I continued my journey around the edge of D4/1/-1/whatever, and when he logged in today he's definitely somewhere back along the trail.

Gonna crosspost this in bugs.
KoE

Postby ThirdEmperor » Wed May 12, 2010 1:11 pm

DatOneGuy wrote:
ThirdEmperor wrote:Wow, what a lot of whining about having to use the default client.

I've had to use it since day one and you don't see me complaining.

Not that fixing it so it isn't a buggy piece of crap wouldn't be great.

When you try the alternative, try hard not to come back and change your post.

--
What are the chances of having a way to get these wagons out of gates, or some bigger gates, or something? It's pretty much being able to use the wagon versus having no gates. Unless I have a wagon unloading area and unload it with carts which is blah, I want a fancy wagon+ox in mah town. :o

Screw you, if you'd actually read my post you'd know that I use the normal client because I can't use pachos. I'm sure there are others who also are forced to use the default client, which as I've said is a useless pile of crap. But of course we shouldn't FIX it because Datoneguy says we shouldn't, and he is the lord high master of H&H. Oh wait, no he isn't, he's a pathetic castrated sack of shit.
ThirdEmperor

Postby gork4war » Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 pm

one question on wagons: can you be attacked by animals when on a wagon?
gork4war

Postby Dataslycer » Thu May 13, 2010 7:24 am

Based on KoE's story of Bottleneck or Bust, it seems not.
If you keep focusing on the shadow behind, you will not see the light in front of you.

Being successful isn't just about hard work and succeeding, it is also about picking yourself up when you fail.
Dataslycer

Postby KoE » Thu May 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Ayup, you're totally safe while on a wagon. (Well, presumably not from other players, of course). I ran into quite a few boars and bears without any issue.

The price you pay for that is hauling around a giant monstrosity of a wagon while the trees grow claws to grasp at you and get you stuck in the silliest positions.
KoE

Postby Teme » Fri May 14, 2010 5:37 am

KoE wrote:-
The price you pay for that is hauling around a giant monstrosity of a wagon while the trees grow claws to grasp at you and get you stuck in the silliest positions.

We need pics :lol:
Plaah ~Image
Teme

Postby KoE » Fri May 14, 2010 6:43 am

Heh, well, I don't mean silly so much as it's actually funny to look at as the sort of thing you think when you're there. 'Gee, it's silly that I'm stuck here.' Honestly I imagine most of us (myself included) would probably use stronger language, though.

Most of the situations I'm thinking of are when you try to go between two trees and you've just miscalculate the hitboxes and have to click a dozen times to get the cow around. Some of the more irritating instances where when I'd get a cow that was following me stuck (this is why I abandoned these cows) and on the road between the two sections of Gangband that, for some unfathomable reason, is fenced in by build signs where I got caught on a plow hidden behind a tree. (Sorry, guys! I had to take those down to get through.)
KoE

Postby xakpc » Fri May 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Next one must be this
(http://www.pixeljoint.com)
xakpc

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements