Mini-feature: Multiple restarts

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Mini-feature: Multiple restarts

Postby loftar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 am

Right... I think there were one or two towns in the beginning that became the victim(s) of an early bug in the village system, so their association to their respective idols haven't been saved properly. I'll try to h4x it in manually the next time I restart the server.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby RaptorJedi » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 am

I'm not getting the option either, and I'm not currently anyone special in my town.
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby Yolan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:49 am

WOOOOOOOOOOO!
I think that's the first indication I've seen that you're giving it serious thought. That makes me happy ^_^

Que? I would say that the first indication that they have given object destruction serious thought would be when they implemented the command 'destroy object'. ;)
Yolan

Postby theTrav » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:56 am

Yolan wrote:I would say that the first indication that they have given object destruction serious thought would be when they implemented the command 'destroy object'.

I sort of assumed that was a quick "I CBF using the admin tool to remove all of J-bomb's griefing" as opposed to something that they'd actually investigated in detail.
theTrav

Postby Pacho » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 am

theTrav wrote: Any chance the server would be capable of doing a few distance -> time calculations so that the other options only appear if you've had enough time offline for your character to have walked there manually?

This idea sounds like a great fix.
Pacho

Postby RiverPhoenix » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:30 am

Pacho wrote:
theTrav wrote: Any chance the server would be capable of doing a few distance -> time calculations so that the other options only appear if you've had enough time offline for your character to have walked there manually?

This idea sounds like a great fix.

I would definitely agree.

River :)

Edit: I just tried logging in and was only presented the RoB and my hearthfire despite being a member of a village. I'm guessing this will be fixed next restart?
RiverPhoenix

Postby sami1337 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:14 pm

theTrav wrote:I dislike this :(

1 - Permanently blocked hearth fires, why expose yourself to being summoned when you can just spawn at RoB or village Idol? Who needs a cart gate when your vault is IMPREGNABLE.
2 - Teleportation trade routes between a hunting outpost and the village.
Get an alt, add him to the village, build his hearth fire way out in the giant forest some where, all of a sudden you can magically whisk all your bear meat back to bottleneck without taking a long trip. Why bother walking and risking encounters with other players when you can just teleport?

I agree. Good thinking Trav.
Teleportation is nothing new, but this makes it much easier to teleport all across the map.

Also, why can't i as lawspeaker not spawn at my idol?
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby provo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:00 am

I like it, personally

i worry about some of the above problems, i hope they can be solved
provo

Postby Vanigo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:48 am

loftar wrote:Right... I think there were one or two towns in the beginning that became the victim(s) of an early bug in the village system, so their association to their respective idols haven't been saved properly. I'll try to h4x it in manually the next time I restart the server.

I guess this didn't work, then? Bottleneck residents still can't spawn at the totem.
Vanigo

Postby loftar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:50 am

I just h4xx3d it in a few minutes ago, so I think it should work now.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements