Game Development: Stuff 4 (A New Stuff)

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stuff 4 (A New Stuff)

Postby Teme » Sat May 15, 2010 6:50 am

Terran_ghost wrote:Hey! How to create boat now ? In "Build - Construction - Cards & Cogs" only cart ant battering ram.
My wrond. "Boat building" yepp

Buy skill.
Plaah ~Image
Teme

Postby KoE » Sat May 15, 2010 6:54 am

Yeah, four boards for a glorified birchbark basket. That's... Woefully uninteresting. I do like that it shows when it's filled with something, though.

Anything D1G and I are missing here?
KoE

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat May 15, 2010 6:57 am

KoE wrote:Yeah, four boards for a glorified birchbark basket. That's... Woefully uninteresting. I do like that it shows when it's filled with something, though.

Anything D1G and I are missing here?

Hmm didn't notice that. I guess that makes it a slightly more interesting use as a 'stockpile' although it holds so little that having them around is useless in comparison with chests or coffers.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Lothaudus » Sat May 15, 2010 7:02 am

DatOneGuy wrote:Hmm didn't notice that. I guess that makes it a slightly more interesting use as a 'stockpile' although it holds so little that having them around is useless in comparison with chests or coffers.

You're kidding right? If we stockpiled the Bricks we're getting in that thing, we'd have de-forest the entire grid and replace all the trees with crates. Unless there's some other function that I'm missing, this is pretty epic fail on the crates.

The other stuff is good though.

EDIT: Maybe as a mail or delivery box the crate might serve some purpose. Put one outside your plot and you know when someone drops a message in it maybe.

EDIT x2: 4 Boards seems a bit steep build cost too. Maybe 3 instead?
Last edited by Lothaudus on Sat May 15, 2010 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Postby KillerofLawyers » Sat May 15, 2010 7:04 am

Bravo, Jorb and Loftar. This is a cool update.

Although I have to wonder why swords don't go through armor. I take it that swords are slashing weapons in the game? Will we be seeing maces and morning stars soon, then?
KillerofLawyers

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat May 15, 2010 7:09 am

Build crate with 2 characters
One crashes
Character is still logged in 30 minutes later

What do?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Dataslycer » Sat May 15, 2010 7:16 am

You cannot bring a wagon on board a raft if there are people on it. ._.
If you keep focusing on the shadow behind, you will not see the light in front of you.

Being successful isn't just about hard work and succeeding, it is also about picking yourself up when you fail.
Dataslycer

Postby jorb » Sat May 15, 2010 7:20 am

DatOneGuy wrote:Any use for the crate besides another random thing for new people?

It pissed me off that I couldn't build any sort of container with just boards. Crates can be built in the field, allowing for more stuff to make it back to base when I go on expeditions. Quite simply.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat May 15, 2010 7:22 am

Dataslycer wrote:You cannot bring a wagon on board a raft if there are people on it. ._.

One wagon can carry 4 rafts inside.

The ratio of rafts t people sounds like it'd suck in this case, one wagon (6 people) would need 2 rafts assuming the second one can hold at least 5 people, thus taking half the liftable space. :s
jorb wrote:
DatOneGuy wrote:Any use for the crate besides another random thing for new people?

It pissed me off that I couldn't build any sort of container with just boards. Crates can be built in the field, allowing for more stuff to make it back to base when I go on expeditions. Quite simply.

Fair 'nuff, I like being able to tell when it's full, might use it around the farm since people keep filling all the straw baskets with useless seeds.
DatOneGuy

Postby KillerofLawyers » Sat May 15, 2010 7:31 am

Are rafts supposed to explode upon dis-assembly and leave half of the raft out in the middle of the river?
KillerofLawyers

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements