Game Development: Stuff 4 (A New Stuff)

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stuff 4 (A New Stuff)

Postby Cheswin » Sat May 15, 2010 7:35 am

My friend noticed in game that you could change speeds while plowing. Of all the time I've played Haven and Hearth I never knew you could do this. Has it always been this way or is this because of the update?
Cheswin

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat May 15, 2010 7:36 am

Cheswin wrote:My friend noticed in game that you could change speeds while plowing. Of all the time I've played Haven and Hearth I never knew you could do this. Has it always been this way or is this because of the update?

If it's a metal plow I believe you can, or at least I used to, didn't note whether it changed movement speed or not.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby KoE » Sat May 15, 2010 7:42 am

jorb wrote:
DatOneGuy wrote:Any use for the crate besides another random thing for new people?

It pissed me off that I couldn't build any sort of container with just boards. Crates can be built in the field, allowing for more stuff to make it back to base when I go on expeditions. Quite simply.

Three more measly inventory space than a wicker basket, though? (Six if you're gonna use a boat). That hardly seems worth the effort of making a saw (or remembering to carry one with you). Hell, if you happen to be in a broadleaf forest you can probably find five of the omnipresent birch fairly easy for the same effect.

I do like the mailbox application, though, and I appreciate the aesthetics.
KoE

Postby Cheswin » Sat May 15, 2010 8:00 am

DatOneGuy wrote:
Cheswin wrote:My friend noticed in game that you could change speeds while plowing. Of all the time I've played Haven and Hearth I never knew you could do this. Has it always been this way or is this because of the update?

If it's a metal plow I believe you can, or at least I used to, didn't note whether it changed movement speed or not.

My friend was using a wooden plow and he told me he could change speeds. Naturally I was "Buh?" because I never knew that was possible. I got my wooden plow out and started plowing and confirmed that I could indeed change speeds, and it affected the speed I plowed at.
Cheswin

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat May 15, 2010 8:15 am

Cheswin wrote:
DatOneGuy wrote:

My friend was using a wooden plow and he told me he could change speeds. Naturally I was "Buh?" because I never knew that was possible. I got my wooden plow out and started plowing and confirmed that I could indeed change speeds, and it affected the speed I plowed at.

Oh I've always been able to change those with a wooden plow, it doesn't seem to increase speed at all, simply drain stamina faster. Whereas a metal plow actually increases speed (overall, not sure if the speeds effect it)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Lothaudus » Sat May 15, 2010 8:29 am

KoE wrote:And I wish I had waited a week because this would have made Bottleneck or Bust less bullshit.

No, you don't. It moves at crawl speed. Wagoneering through the edges of grids would be faster.

jorb wrote:You can load the raft by rightclicking it, and then left clicking the object you want to load onto it.

That's getting shit on. Now pray tell, how does one go about getting shit off? Specifically animals.

EDIT: Ahhhh... Right-click raft, left-click animal again. Hah. Derp derp derp.

By the way, did I notice an update to moving animals through gates? Cow just followed me through a rather awkward path between 2 gates really, really nicely.
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Postby KoE » Sat May 15, 2010 8:51 am

Lothaudus wrote:
KoE wrote:And I wish I had waited a week because this would have made Bottleneck or Bust less bullshit.

No, you don't. It moves at crawl speed. Wagoneering through the edges of grids would be faster.

You know what would have been even faster? Taking the damn thing straight across a river and getting off on the other side. Which I assume is one of the functions of this wondrous device. I would have gladly sacrificed some of my inventory for that little convenience because my final destination required quite a detour while being relayed instructions I was too bleary-eyed to understand half the time.

Hmm, my cows seem to still be pretty stupid about gates.
KoE

Postby Onionfighter » Sat May 15, 2010 9:11 am

Anyone make a dragon helm yet?
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby saltmummy626 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:18 am

excuse my language but, FUCK YEAH!! thanks guys, thank you so much! I havent been this excited since i first started playing this game.
Want to touch my fibula?
Gulgatha, place of the skull.
saltmummy626

Postby Lothaudus » Sat May 15, 2010 9:25 am

Boars now seem to chase you and damage you whilst you're in a wagon.

... but you still can't run over Frogs or Bunnies. :(
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements