Game Development: The Symbel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Symbel

Postby loftar » Sun May 23, 2010 6:44 am

Lightning4 wrote:Looks like the FEP cap reduction for eating was removed as well. Probably intended given this change.

Not at all. If that's true, then that's a bug.

EDIT: You were right, indeed. It will be restored after the next restart.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby bakrael » Sun May 23, 2010 6:52 am

DatOneGuy wrote:Detecting sarcasm on the internet isn't that hard.

D1G is right. And so is the other gent to some extent. The devs are coming up with weird Wyrd stuff and talking about this and that in history; I never seen a guy punch actually punch a hole in a brick wall, or heard of it.

But in doing a little research on this topic, of punching holes in walls, I did come across this http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090606153634AAMHDBI

Maybe that will help... and maybe not.
bakrael

Postby sabinati » Sun May 23, 2010 6:54 am

Reeyfer wrote:There's no bug making it so that the only useful type of combat for high level is unarmed, its simply the way the damage system is made - weapons do less damage than your fists unless you're weak..

you are grossly misinformed, sir
sabinati

Postby bakrael » Sun May 23, 2010 6:55 am

sabinati wrote:
Reeyfer wrote:There's no bug making it so that the only useful type of combat for high level is unarmed, its simply the way the damage system is made - weapons do less damage than your fists unless you're weak..

you are grossly misinformed, sir

Well how do you feel about a single man being able to take down a brick wall?
bakrael

Postby KoE » Sun May 23, 2010 7:01 am

On the subject of punching walls...

I was expecting a big ass longtable type thing for some reason. The current one looks... Really plain, utilitarian, even. Not that that's a bad thing but it doesn't scream feast to me.

Gonna have some fun scrambling around to make some of this fancy new stuff and whatnot.
KoE

Postby bakrael » Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 am

KoE wrote:On the subject of punching walls...

I was expecting a big ass longtable type thing for some reason. The current one looks... Really plain, utilitarian, even. Not that that's a bad thing but it doesn't scream feast to me.

Gonna have some fun scrambling around to make some of this fancy new stuff and whatnot.

So glass walls are out too? :P
Last edited by bakrael on Sun May 23, 2010 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bakrael

Postby Teme » Sun May 23, 2010 7:04 am

Plaah ~Image
Teme

Postby Folly » Sun May 23, 2010 7:08 am

Finally, some incentive to actually bake those cabinets full of cake and pie dough that have been growing mold for so long =]

I'm not entirely clear on the benefits of group-feasting though. Does this just cause hunger to be filled even slower?
Folly

Postby DatOneGuy » Sun May 23, 2010 7:12 am

Awkward video.

--
I guess you could put them together in a row although it's not the exact same effect.

Would be nice if they were modular in a sense where you could right click (similar to rafts) to extend in a direction. Then break apart to move.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby loftar » Sun May 23, 2010 7:19 am

KoE wrote:I was expecting a big ass longtable type thing for some reason. The current one looks... Really plain, utilitarian, even. Not that that's a bad thing but it doesn't scream feast to me.

I suggest building a couple of them, placing them in line, and covering them in table cloth (preferably silk ;). It looks awesome.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements