Game Development: The Symbel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Symbel

Postby DeadlyPencil » Thu May 27, 2010 6:17 am

jorb wrote:
Lightning4 wrote:Doesn't seem any different other than you get LP per item built rather than every half second. Seems to be about the same amount of LP, just clumped together.
Maybe done to alleviate lag? I dunno.

Nah, anti-macro move. We might not be able to fight it long term, but if it's trivial for us to make it that little bit harder... no reason not to. We also removed LP from smelting bars and nuggets.

Hmmm the usual people are still macroing... so i guess they weren't doing either of these or quickly moved onto something else.
DeadlyPencil

Postby sabinati » Thu May 27, 2010 6:37 am

DeadlyPencil wrote:
jorb wrote:
Lightning4 wrote:Doesn't seem any different other than you get LP per item built rather than every half second. Seems to be about the same amount of LP, just clumped together.
Maybe done to alleviate lag? I dunno.

Nah, anti-macro move. We might not be able to fight it long term, but if it's trivial for us to make it that little bit harder... no reason not to. We also removed LP from smelting bars and nuggets.

Hmmm the usual people are still macroing... so i guess they weren't doing either of these or quickly moved onto something else.

do you have some kind of evidence or information about what they're macroing?
sabinati

Postby DeadlyPencil » Thu May 27, 2010 3:12 pm

or instead players having to rat eachother out. jorb and loftar could log in and watch what they are doing.... they already know whos doing it, or could easily find out.
DeadlyPencil

Postby DatOneGuy » Thu May 27, 2010 4:18 pm

DeadlyPencil wrote:or instead players having to rat eachother out. jorb and loftar could log in and watch what they are doing.... they already know whos doing it, or could easily find out.

Guessing you don't read much of those threads (I won't blame you they tend to be flaming back and forth or people not knowing what the hell they're talking about) but policing is boring work and hence the devs not wanting to do it. Hell, no one likes to do that unless they're getting paid.

'Ratting out' doesn't really work too well either because in the end it still has to be verified which ends in what: policing.

As far as 'the usual people', do you mean those you know, people you know of who still macro, what? If you try and pay attention to whatever it is that they're doing at the time, it might help you deduce what game mechanic they're 'abusing' to macro and give insight into how it could be stopped.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby theTrav » Thu May 27, 2010 11:46 pm

DeadlyPencil wrote:or instead players having to rat eachother out. jorb and loftar could log in and watch what they are doing.... they already know whos doing it, or could easily find out.

I don't think Sab was trying to get you to "rat out your friends". I think he was questioning the substance of your claims.

For example, I could say "yep, the same people are still speed hacking" and it would have about the same level of authenticity as your previous statements.
theTrav

Postby Peter » Sat May 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Coming up this week:
Stuff 5: the Stuffening.

This update adds meth, which can be made by cooking bleach (from a bleach plant) with battery acid (from batteries, which appear much like plants).
Also, a basket made from rat bones. Holds one square.

Plus some other stuff!
Surprise.
Peter

Postby Lord_Brofist » Sat May 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Peter wrote:Coming up this week:
Stuff 5: the Stuffening.

This update adds meth, which can be made by cooking bleach (from a bleach plant) with battery acid (from batteries, which appear much like plants).
Also, a basket made from rat bones. Holds one square.

Plus some other stuff!

At first I read that as Rat Boners. Then I luld.
Lord_Brofist

Postby DatOneGuy » Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 am

A few people in IRC pointed it out. I'm guessing these somehow made it into the wrong file and is why they're showing up:
Bone Clay, Stoneware Vase, Earthenware Platter, Porcelain Plate... I think that's all.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Grog » Mon May 31, 2010 5:57 pm

it somewhat makes me wonder, that my brandnew alt is already able to build table+simple feaststuff
i can do the table, wooden stuff like cup, breadbasket,...

what is the feating skill for then?
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Pacho » Mon May 31, 2010 10:33 pm

Better, more advanced stuff.
Pacho

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements