Game Development: The Symbel

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Symbel

Postby stickman » Wed May 26, 2010 4:12 am

looks like the devs altered building experience aswell. should stop some type of macroers... im sure macroers have gained a good 5 to 10mil+ LP by now exploiting this though so the rest of us still wont catch up anytime soon... any they will just use a different method now anyway....
stickman

Postby DeadlyPencil » Wed May 26, 2010 4:46 am

None of the objects in this update actually require the skill "the symbol" however it cost me 7k. what exactly did i buy it for? people without this skill can make tables, and can make all the tableware.
DeadlyPencil

Postby sabinati » Wed May 26, 2010 5:09 am

you need it for bonfires
sabinati

Postby DeadlyPencil » Wed May 26, 2010 5:15 am

sabinati wrote:you need it for bonfires

well it should alt least be required for all the high quality symbol stuff, like anything with gold or silver imo. thats under the assumption that they want even noobies to eat at tables without having to buy it.
DeadlyPencil

Postby Lightning4 » Wed May 26, 2010 11:28 am

stickman wrote:looks like the devs altered building experience aswell. should stop some type of macroers... im sure macroers have gained a good 5 to 10mil+ LP by now exploiting this though so the rest of us still wont catch up anytime soon... any they will just use a different method now anyway....

Doesn't seem any different other than you get LP per item built rather than every half second. Seems to be about the same amount of LP, just clumped together.
Maybe done to alleviate lag? I dunno.
Lightning4

Postby DeadlyPencil » Wed May 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Lightning4 wrote:
stickman wrote:looks like the devs altered building experience aswell. should stop some type of macroers... im sure macroers have gained a good 5 to 10mil+ LP by now exploiting this though so the rest of us still wont catch up anytime soon... any they will just use a different method now anyway....

Doesn't seem any different other than you get LP per item built rather than every half second. Seems to be about the same amount of LP, just clumped together.

That slight difference stops the most common macro though. People were building loooms and taking out the branch before it completed, getting the exp and keeping the branch. So they will have to find something else now. and hopefully that something else gives worse exp.
DeadlyPencil

Postby jorb » Wed May 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Lightning4 wrote:Doesn't seem any different other than you get LP per item built rather than every half second. Seems to be about the same amount of LP, just clumped together.

Nah, anti-macro move. We might not be able to fight it long term, but if it's trivial for us to make it that little bit harder... no reason not to. We also removed LP from smelting bars and nuggets.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DarkhVorTeX » Wed May 26, 2010 6:43 pm

stickman wrote:People were building loooms and taking out the branch before it completed, getting the exp and keeping the branch.

I knew about the building-looms-for-exp part, but not the branch removal. I never knew you could do that. =X What jerks.
DarkhVorTeX

Postby exewu » Wed May 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Very nice, the free loom building sceme was really annoying me. With just a G15 (kind of keyboard) you could easily farm yourself up to 300 MM in a small month just by leaving it on overnight.
exewu

Postby wickerman_156 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:21 am

(right-click and select "Open Image" if it only shows half)
von Wurstone
wickerman_156

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements