Game Development: Walls and Wine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Walls and Wine

Postby Errol » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Realism!
Errol

Postby StarChaser » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Lightning4 wrote:Mm.. yeah, except it's happening on the very first sip without fail. It isn't just near 100%, it *is* 100%, or so indistinguishably close. I can keep doing this forever and it's just going to keep knocking me out.

Oddly enough, I finish the cup while I'm collapsing onto the floor.

At this point I can't help but wonder if it's just knocking me out because I've drank so damn much of the stuff.

Sounds to me like Drunk4 just can't hold his wine. ;) :P
StarChaser

Postby kimya » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:42 am

loftar wrote:
theTrav wrote:If I put 2 buckets of juice in my barrel one day, and two bucked of juice in my barrel the next day, does it re-start the fermentation process?

Nope, it's not reset; the time it will take for the fermentation to finish is the average of the time for the fresh and the half-fermented grape-juice to complete, weighted by the amount of each. In other words, if you have a barrel with Ae liters of grape-juice which will take De units of time to ferment, and put in An liters of fresh grape-juice which will take Dn units of time to ferment, the time it will take for the mixture to complete will be ((De * Ae) + (Dn * An)) / (Ae + An).

(I should try to integrate LaTeX into the forum...)

what happens if i put 2 buckets of wine in it? does it work?
kimya

Postby bentalbot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:17 pm

So wait, what are we supposed to do if we lose the key to a gate now? With the increased HP of walls meaning it's literally impossible to destroy a palisade when you only have 14 strength, are we basically going to just have to rely on stronger players to come do the work for us?
bentalbot

Postby Rift » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:24 pm

i accept payment to destroy walls.
Rift

Postby bentalbot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 pm

Rift wrote:i accept payment to destroy walls.

I sent you a PM.

However, the point still stands. It's ridiculous to have to hire someone with enormous strength just because the server glitched out and ate the key. I'm not sure what could be done to pick the lock or make a casting of it for replication, without making it easy for thieves to just do the same from the outside. But the current situation is a little absurd.
bentalbot

Postby theTrav » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am

bentalbot wrote:I'm not sure what could be done to pick the lock or make a casting of it for replication, without making it easy for thieves to just do the same from the outside.

Law-maker & Chieftan abilities that work on gates within village authority?
Possibly the same ability but working for anyone who has a claim over the gate?

I think the linked constructions (levers and pulleys) is going to be the solution (although I think that'll be less convenient for me than keys (assuming keyrings)
theTrav

Postby loftar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:45 pm

I think we're going to solve the wall problem by adding demolition and siege machinery, eventually. The exact details of how they'll work will remain to be worked out.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Phox2 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:38 pm

I read on the wiki that I'd need a wine glass to drink wine. Then I saw that my village has wine bottles, and after looking that up on the wiki, I found no other information other than it is infact called a "wine bottle" and is made /w 4 raw glass.

Is it possible to drink wine using the bottle instead of the glass?
Phox2

Postby Rift » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:42 pm

nope.
Rift

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements