Game Development: Walls and Wine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Walls and Wine

Postby theTrav » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:26 am

yeah ok, maybe cheese... but I don't think we'd go with a barrel of milk lying around. In fact I think even the Buckets should have a fairly short used by date. That stuff's not pasteurized nor homogenized
theTrav

Postby Golbez » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm having trouble filling barrels with water... Besides the point they're all called wine barrels (which is really irrelevant), "holding" a bucket of water and right-clicking a barrel does nothing. No reaction whatsoever. And yes the barrel is empty, I just built it.

EDIT:
Huh, it works now. Oh well.
Golbez

Postby GamingBird » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:38 am

Winter wrote:Wow making brick gates are expensive you need 10 wrought iron(for corner posts) and 5 steel per gate I spent more money to make a wall than what it is now protecting lol

Quick, somebody steal that wall. :lol:
GamingBird

Postby theTrav » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 am

jorb wrote:Build a barrel, fill it with grape juice. Juice turns to wine after one ingame week.

If I put 2 buckets of juice in my barrel one day, and two bucked of juice in my barrel the next day, does it re-start the fermentation process?

jorb wrote:Build a winerack to display your bottles for kicks.

How do I get the wine out of a barrel and into a bottle?
theTrav

Postby Rift » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:32 am

left click wine bottle, right click barrel. if you move towards the barrel, it has wine..[or vinegar] in it and when you reach it you'll transfer it.
Rift

Postby loftar » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:04 am

theTrav wrote:If I put 2 buckets of juice in my barrel one day, and two bucked of juice in my barrel the next day, does it re-start the fermentation process?

Nope, it's not reset; the time it will take for the fermentation to finish is the average of the time for the fresh and the half-fermented grape-juice to complete, weighted by the amount of each. In other words, if you have a barrel with Ae liters of grape-juice which will take De units of time to ferment, and put in An liters of fresh grape-juice which will take Dn units of time to ferment, the time it will take for the mixture to complete will be ((De * Ae) + (Dn * An)) / (Ae + An).

(I should try to integrate LaTeX into the forum...)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby kobnach » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:48 am

Rift wrote:left click wine bottle, right click barrel. if you move towards the barrel, it has wine..[or vinegar] in it and when you reach it you'll transfer it.

Do I need bottles to deal with vinegar then, not buckets?
kobnach

Postby Lightning4 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:40 am

Hmm. Wine has a near 100% failure rate if your HP is very low. Intended?
Lightning4

Postby theTrav » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:43 am

Lightning4 wrote:Hmm. Wine has a near 100% failure rate if your HP is very low. Intended?

theTrav

Postby Lightning4 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:05 am

Mm.. yeah, except it's happening on the very first sip without fail. It isn't just near 100%, it *is* 100%, or so indistinguishably close. I can keep doing this forever and it's just going to keep knocking me out.

Oddly enough, I finish the cup while I'm collapsing onto the floor.

At this point I can't help but wonder if it's just knocking me out because I've drank so damn much of the stuff.
Lightning4

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements