Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby Dataslycer » Sun May 30, 2010 3:20 am

Does the ram still give the +20 damage as before?
What we do in life echoes in eternity!

Combat Guide v1.402
User avatar
Dataslycer
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:06 am

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby Avu » Sun May 30, 2010 3:26 am

seem bone clay formula is (bone ash average+ 2* cave clay + 2*feldspar )/5 (needs testing)

If my assumption that cave clay is always q 10 it makes bone clay complete crap q and no epic bear hunts for epic kilns.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
User avatar
Avu
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby AutisticLink » Sun May 30, 2010 3:34 am

I was just about to make a post asking what the hell "Gray Clay" is.

Good thing I did a search before I made a thread I suppose. :]

Good to hear about the wall/demolishing update/fix as well. Nice to know the palisades I just put up aren't completely useless. :)

Thanks.
User avatar
AutisticLink
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:36 am

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby Elirian » Sun May 30, 2010 3:55 am

Avu wrote:seem bone clay formula is (bone ash average+ 2* cave clay + 2*feldspar )/5 (needs testing)

If my assumption that cave clay is always q 10 it makes bone clay complete crap q and no epic bear hunts for epic kilns.


It may be intentional, since bone china kilns seem a bit odd. I don't know anything about the subject, bone china kilns may be the norm, just strikes me as an unusual material to make workshop tools out of. BTW I assume that you're assuming that int and per are acting as caps in this formula?
Elirian
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby DatOneGuy » Sun May 30, 2010 4:01 am

Elirian wrote:
Avu wrote:seem bone clay formula is (bone ash average+ 2* cave clay + 2*feldspar )/5 (needs testing)

If my assumption that cave clay is always q 10 it makes bone clay complete crap q and no epic bear hunts for epic kilns.


It may be intentional, since bone china kilns seem a bit odd. I don't know anything about the subject, bone china kilns may be the norm, just strikes me as an unusual material to make workshop tools out of. BTW I assume that you're assuming that int and per are acting as caps in this formula?

He did it with over 150 in each so it wouldn't/shouldn't effect what he resulted in.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
User avatar
DatOneGuy
 
Posts: 5551
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 am
Location: I'm in Miami, trick.

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby jorb » Sun May 30, 2010 4:22 am

Also, antlers, tusks and teeth now = bone.
‎"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

- Ludwig von Mises
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby sabinati » Sun May 30, 2010 4:28 am

does that apply to everything or just for making bone ash?
Image
User avatar
sabinati
 
Posts: 12508
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 am
Location: View active topics

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby loftar » Sun May 30, 2010 5:00 am

Avu wrote:seem bone clay formula is (bone ash average+ 2* cave clay + 2*feldspar )/5 (needs testing)

Actually, for now the cave clay quality doesn't count at all, precisely because it's always q10. That will be changed once there is a quality scalar field in the caves. Other than that, I think it's about right.

sabinati wrote:does that apply to everything or just for making bone ash?

Actually, it applies for everything but making bone ash. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
User avatar
loftar
 
Posts: 3584
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby Husaurus » Sun May 30, 2010 5:01 am

deleted
Last edited by Husaurus on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Husaurus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: Game Development: Clay & Some fixes

Postby Peter » Sun May 30, 2010 5:26 am

Um, why are we getting a small collection of... different clay colors? And a rock?

Do they even look different when you use them for stuff?

I guess that this is slightly better for industry folks. Now they get the chance to make something to trade other than all the fantastically valuable metal goods.
Surprise.
User avatar
Peter
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:36 am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests