Game Development: Some fixes & Stuff

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Some fixes & Stuff

Postby martinuzz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Does this mean, the black pepper I've been gathering, made out of 10 grains each, now suddenly is worth only half the bonus ?
:(
martinuzz

Postby jibbeil » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:56 pm

good job dev squad

now my breads, pancakes and pies are nicely in there own little icons and i have something for my cliff side resort ... pepper !
jibbeil

Postby burgingham » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:30 pm

martinuzz wrote:Does this mean, the black pepper I've been gathering, made out of 10 grains each, now suddenly is worth only half the bonus ?
:(

No, it seems just the quality of the pepper is halfed when processed with a quern.
burgingham

Postby martinuzz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Phew. That's a relief.
I'm gonna need a lot of pepper mills now to store my pepper harvests.

How do pepper mills work? I guess you need to rightclick 10 dried pepper corns onto it, and then rightclick a foodstuff with a full pepper mill?
Also, does pepper mill quality influence the FEP bonus gained from the pepper?
(If not, great. My dried pepper will not be dragged down a few points anymore by the grinding)
Last edited by martinuzz on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martinuzz

Postby Jackard » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Uh whats with the overenthusiasm for this update? "Fuck yes" "have my babies" and "awesome" - are you guys just conditioned to give a positive response?

I mean there are some okay fixes in there but its mostly completely uninteresting foodstuff.
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby Shoop » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:42 pm

After the stories of men in this game taking out walls with their bare hands, I think even hermits were getting worried of being obliterated randomly.

If you are just easily frustrated at shitposting, that's your own problem.
Shoop

Postby Wipfmetz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Shoop wrote:If you are just easily frustrated at shitposting, that's your own problem.

Actually, too much shitposting makes shitty forums. I'm fine with mods being bothered by that.
Wipfmetz

Postby exewu » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Jackard wrote:Uh whats with the overenthusiasm for this update? "Fuck yes" "have my babies" and "awesome" - are you guys just conditioned to give a positive response?

I mean there are some okay fixes in there but its mostly completely uninteresting foodstuff.

Pfft I don't know about you but pumkins going into troughs has me way more excited than feasting.
exewu

Postby gourmat » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:45 pm

i carried a through over my head and server logged my out, now its gone, im not complaining about the loss, but there will be massive complaints when the first boats full of chests with real good stuff disappear...but seriously whats the intention with this? closing the bug to steal without the actual stealing ability, then this is a kinda lame fix..for the rest nice work :)
gourmat

Postby jorb » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Jackard wrote:Uh whats with the overenthusiasm for this update? "Fuck yes" "have my babies" and "awesome" - are you guys just conditioned to give a positive response?

This dev session started with me oversleeping for three hours. We then spent ~4 discussing. It isn't a big update, but all cannot be. Seeing as how some people seem conditioned to give negative responses (I'm not in any way looking at you, Avu, whatever gave you that idea?), I think it evens out. :)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements