Game Development: The Stuff Strikes Back

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: The Stuff Strikes Back

Postby Iryn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:15 pm

I've also heard rumors that it can't do every recipe either. I can't test this for myself, I don't have easy access to the components at all.
Metzger, Lawspeaker of Nord Belka
Iryn

Postby Lightning4 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Tested one kind of sausage on it so far. Doesn't immediately halve sausage QL, so the only downsides is that the mats are hard to raise in Q and sausages take twice as long to produce. Fairly neat thing for new towns and people without mines.
Lightning4

Postby GamingBird » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:42 am

sabinati wrote:does the ceramic grinder halve the meat quality? or is it just that a lot of the materials are low q?

I have no idea, I'm still trying to get enough of all these different clays.

At least he didn't add bone clay to the list, it's bad enough trying to find grey clay, having to make bone clay too would just be too much.

(looks again)

Oh crap, it DOES use bone clay.
GamingBird

Postby loftar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:01 am

GamingBird wrote:it's bad enough trying to find grey clay,

That's an interesting opinion. I'm overflowing with grey clay personally (and I'm +5 Nature); it seems that if it didn't require bone clay there wouldn't be any challenge at all.

And no, it does not halve the quality of the sausages; the only downside (apart from the hard-to-raise quality of the building materials) is that it cannot do all recipes. It is likely that we'll add some other sausages that can only be made with the ceramic grinder, though.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby sabinati » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:07 am

loftar wrote:

That's an interesting opinion. I'm overflowing with grey clay personally (and I'm +5 Nature); it seems that if it didn't require bone clay there wouldn't be any challenge at all.

And no, it does not halve the quality of the sausages; the only downside (apart from the hard-to-raise quality of the building materials) is that it cannot do all recipes. It is likely that we'll add some other sausages that can only be made with the ceramic grinder, though.

yeah, i've gotten a fair amount of gray clay (is there per/exp requirement?, that could be problematic), but i don't think i've gotten anything other than q10. and i haven't been in a cave since cave clay was added, so no idea how much of a pain in the ass actually making bone clay is.
sabinati

Postby GamingBird » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:26 am

sabinati wrote:
loftar wrote:

yeah, i've gotten a fair amount of gray clay (is there per/exp requirement?, that could be problematic), but i don't think i've gotten anything other than q10. and i haven't been in a cave since cave clay was added, so no idea how much of a pain in the ass actually making bone clay is.

I should be swimming in gray clay if it were a simple per/exp, I'm 29/38 so far, over a thousand points when multiplied together.

Then again, I keep getting screwed by the WWW, I've found every farmable plant except wheat, and I'm out about two miles past where Christ lost his sandal, so there's no village to trade with for the 'keystone grain,' so it looks like the random number generators are against me.
GamingBird

Postby sabinati » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 am

yeah, chance to find wheat is a little too low, imo. you should find it if you keep exploring though. remember, it's determined by the minimap (roughly) that you find the www on.
sabinati

Postby Nanothnir » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:52 am

sabinati wrote:(is there per/exp requirement?, that could be problematic)

Is there a list of the requirements for everything yet???
[Politics] The word was derived by the joining of two others, Poli - A Latin word meaning Many. And Tics - Annoying Bloodsucking Parasites...
Nanothnir

Postby VowOfSilence » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm

sabinati wrote:i haven't been in a cave since cave clay was added, so no idea how much of a pain in the ass actually making bone clay is.

my ass hurts for sure. either i can't find any cave water or it's deep water.
Is it really that rare or am i just unlucky?
VowOfSilence

Postby serpentyngallery » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Just that unlucky, ran into some in shallows of a cave pond the other day, but being full nature, didn't get a piece hehe
Ezekiel wrote: He called me what I believe to be an "ass fetus" in Russian and then killed me.
serpentyngallery

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements