Game Development: Stuff 6

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stuff 6

Postby Iryn » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Avu wrote:Meh.

Are you EVER happy Avu?
Metzger, Lawspeaker of Nord Belka
Iryn

Postby Avu » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Rarely.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Zamte » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 am

kralmir wrote:no he just means you have 20slots more with you but its not great because there are larger containers for that.

couldnt even fill your inventory with it above you even if it did double your bag(which it does NOT)

As somebody who uses 4 spaces consistantly for keys, tankards, and water flasks, I understand why people use 20 so often. However it amuses me to no end when people actually consider their inventory to be 20 spaces. Backpack raises it from 16 to 24. Linen crate is 20. The linen crate more than doubles it with no backpack and doesn't quite double it with one. Let alone with a merchant robe too.

A liftable object that raises inventory space couldn't really work too well, as while it's lifted you'd be unable to pick up any new items, or interact with containers or other objects to otherwise obtain any more items. So make them add all the inventory you want to, there's really no way to use it. Would suck even more if somehow you did manage to get some more items into those new spaces, as you'd be unable to put down the container without dumping them on the ground anyways.
Zamte

Postby sabinati » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 am

you can harvest while holding something over your head. and putting down the container would logically take the squares that were added to your inventory and put them, you know, in the container.
sabinati

Postby caketan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:45 am

Why don't they ever just have a dotted list of new things they added.
caketan

Postby DatOneGuy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 am

caketan wrote:Why don't they ever just have a dotted list of new things they added.

They might have one, they just don't like us enough to share.

(Also those are bullets)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Zamte » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:10 am

sabinati wrote:you can harvest while holding something over your head. and putting down the container would logically take the squares that were added to your inventory and put them, you know, in the container.

I suppose. Still it just ends up being a round about way of making collecting seeds faster. I'd much prefer if we could get a container which you could right click seed bags onto, and it'd move the seeds contained in the bags into it for extraction later. Even if it worked like a food trough that you could open up by right clicking normally, it'd be fine.
Zamte

Postby sabinati » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:27 am

seeds are fine, seedbags help a lot with those crops. onions, carrots, hops, grapes, beets, etc. not so much.
sabinati

Postby Chakravanti » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:20 am

Zamte wrote:I'd much prefer if we could get a container which you could right click seed bags onto, and it'd move the seeds contained in the bags into it for extraction later

I don't understand why? You can cook, grind flour and plant from seedbags. If you're savvy you can even Q sort with them. WHy do you want to remove seeds from the bags?
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Potjeh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:07 am

You know what would make seedbags really fine? Merging. Make them take 4 leather and 4 string to make, take up 2x2 space in inventory and provide 6x6 slots for seeds. Even better, 3x3 in inv for 9x9 slots.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements