Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Postby Skorm » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:57 am

pork is awesome.
strongboxes, well i dont use em so im fine.
corpe decay, yay
i can store bears i a cart/wagon, HELL YES.
d_datica wrote:Get the damn server back up before I go back to having a life

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

~art By SacreDoom
Skorm

Postby magius » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:32 am

i was hunting right before the update. skinning butchering and storing in crates in my wagon. logged in right when the server came up. killed 6 auroch, 3 deer and 2 bear, put whole corpses in wagon. had to do RL stuff. came back a while later, 8- 10 hours i think, and skeletons were all that was left. so they do decay in wagons. today, the skeletons decayed out of the wagon. so thats like 3 RL days till full decay i think. maybe .5 or 1 full RL day for first step decay to skeleton. i lost a lot of meat that day :(
magius

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:37 am

Should decay to skeletons in around 16 hours I believe... somewhere between 8~16, I've went traveling my same routes and it's fun to see the same stuff I killed laying around.

If you want to be stealthy about hunting it's a lot harder as you have to actually collect bones, but that's fine for bone hook LP I guess.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby ThirdEmperor » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 am

So you can't find wild pigs on mudflats and grassland?
ThirdEmperor

Postby DatOneGuy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:12 am

ThirdEmperor wrote:So you can't find wild pigs on mudflats and grassland?

No, those are dirty, dirty trolls.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Tacheron » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:02 pm

magius wrote:i was hunting right before the update. skinning butchering and storing in crates in my wagon. logged in right when the server came up. killed 6 auroch, 3 deer and 2 bear, put whole corpses in wagon. had to do RL stuff. came back a while later, 8- 10 hours i think, and skeletons were all that was left. so they do decay in wagons. today, the skeletons decayed out of the wagon. so thats like 3 RL days till full decay i think. maybe .5 or 1 full RL day for first step decay to skeleton. i lost a lot of meat that day :(

This happens to us as well, but much quicker, in less than an hour a fresh cadaver turned into a skeleton, I believe. Seems that time flows differently in wagons and cart (the tanning via cart thing :D)
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby sabinati » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:32 pm

DatOneGuy wrote:
ThirdEmperor wrote:So you can't find wild pigs on mudflats and grassland?

No, those are dirty, dirty trolls.

yeah, they are just the standard boar that we've always had
sabinati

Postby Lord0bsidian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 pm

um, should pigs be in their own sties? i caught a pig recently and after a while this showed up:

can people who've had pigs longer tell me if those brown spots are going to fill up the whole area or decrease my other animals' quality or something?
Lord0bsidian

Postby DatOneGuy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Lord0bsidian wrote:um, should pigs be in their own sties? i caught a pig recently and after a while this showed up:

can people who've had pigs longer tell me if those brown spots are going to fill up the whole area or decrease my other animals' quality or something?

Cows/Sheep do the same thing.

Everybody poops. :)
DatOneGuy

Postby Potjeh » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Your through ran dry, so the animals ate grass.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements