Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Postby Reeyfer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:10 am

Yeah thanks i've been looking at mudflats too. So nice when the admins bs you :mrgreen: course at least it wasnt as bad as the ppl who fell for the horse taming from aurochs.
Reeyfer

Postby Darkren » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 am

The only quarrel I have with immovable strongboxes is that, if they're placed inside anywhere, they're permanent; you can't build a ram to break it and it won't decay. And the strength required to break one isn't reasonably attainable (else they'd be useless anyway).

How about making empty strongboxes more breakable?
Jackard wrote:moral of the story - the 'aesop', if you will -

all germans are evil
Darkren

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:33 pm

DatOneGuy wrote:
sabinati wrote:
Potjeh wrote:1) Pump up ridiculous str and pour all LP into smithing
2) Suicide
3) Reincarnate and push to full tradition
4) Sacrifice items till you get enough for a hammer and anvil
5) ???
6) Profit

i mean, the cost will be INSANE, but yeah

The softcap kinda helps this I'd imagine.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the change v tradition in LOSING numen (tradition would lose 3 if under the quality change would lose 1/3?), but if it works that way numen would really start to suck to get past 110 or so.

A big and well-established village, pouring all it's resources into a smith character will have anvil and hammer at like q300 within a week or two. Sure, the numen will drag it down, but when they don't care about balancing stats a whole village could easily pump one characters to thousands of strength with all their cheese. A million LP into smithing (not a hard goal if they take turns grinding hunting, so the char gains smithing 24/7), and even with 50ish numen the nuggets will be crazy q. It's even easier if you suicide the smith several times, so you get a full ancestor line, but it takes more time.

Do you know how much effort it'd take to get that q legit way? Or what an advantage swords and armour made with those will give? Especially if you get lucky and bloom reverts to cast several times, so final wrought comes near the quality of anvil and hammer.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 pm

'Scuse me, everyone, it was late at night so I didn't notice I had just one init when trying to quell :oops:

Anyway, I like how boars reaggro right away, but I really hate how they always raise intensity just when you're about to quell. It took me like 15-20 tries to time it right. They really need to have longer cooldown on their moves.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby ewlol » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:55 pm

How are you getting them to reggro? I have been standing here for 15 min waiting
ewlol

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Maybe it's just my luck, but my boar reaggroed me as soon as I turned my back, four times in a row.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby ewlol » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 pm

here is my setup:

did you trap it?

edit: i managed to reaggro it, but I had to get back in the pen, which is rly annoying because its difficult to set up the posts again once you take one away. is there not a more efficient way? this is the method I use with cows, etc and it works great.

edit2: i went thru the tame round and it reset my points :evil: there has got to be a better way for me to do this but I can't think of one.
ewlol

Postby Kahim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:13 pm

ewlol wrote:here is my setup:

did you trap it?

edit: i managed to reaggro it, but I had to get back in the pen, which is rly annoying because its difficult to set up the posts again once you take one away. is there not a more efficient way? this is the method I use with cows, etc and it works great.

edit2: i went thru the tame round and it reset my points :evil: there has got to be a better way for me to do this but I can't think of one.

I find building a gate and running into it and trapping them is easier. after you quell open the gate and within a minute they reaggro
My motions are swift as a eagle, on my worst day I am still Lethal. No challenge, only start me when you learn the ripples of a butterflies heartbeat.
Kahim

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:19 pm

I'm not trapping, but I really should. God damn boars and their fast moves, always raising intensity to 1 half a second before I quell :x Combat meditation helps, but it's not fool-proof. Ended up spending half my SHP on soaking the flames.

Anyway, the final aggro did take some 5-10 minutes, I guess I was just lucky the first three times. I got myself a brand new sow, now off to find a boar.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Kahim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Potjeh wrote:I'm not trapping, but I really should. God damn boars and their fast moves, always raising intensity to 1 half a second before I quell :x Combat meditation helps, but it's not fool-proof. Ended up spending half my SHP on soaking the flames.

Anyway, the final aggro did take some 5-10 minutes, I guess I was just lucky the first three times. I got myself a brand new sow, now off to find a boar.

Use sting like a bee mate. It works a lot better.
My motions are swift as a eagle, on my worst day I am still Lethal. No challenge, only start me when you learn the ripples of a butterflies heartbeat.
Kahim

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements