Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Postby sabinati » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:16 pm

bitza wrote:so since nobody else posted it i guess i'll ruin the surprise: q10 roast pork gives 3.0 con and 3.0 str, so unless there is a kickass sausage recipe coming up or they do something else cool, no one is gonna bother breeding them

just sayin

there may be some other uses for pigs than just food...
sabinati

Postby Sobatsoku » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:35 pm

New sausages are comming, remember when they released the clay grinder? They did mention they wanted some sausages to require metal grinder, some to require clay. :-)
Sobatsoku

Postby DarkhVorTeX » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Great. All the griefers who block off gates with strongboxes are unhindered (and then they'll just come by everyday to break whatever rams are there like gate griefers), and people with legitimate uses for strongboxes that are not outside or inside a house (e.g. cellars, mines, wagon storage, etc.) now are screwed out of a perfectly good secure storage container.

This wouldn't be so bad of an update if containers and furniture are actually buildable in mines and cellars (and maybe caves too) but that fix hasn't happened for months (something about hearth fires sharing the same buildability flag) and since the update was to prevent people from using strongboxes in mines, I guess we'll never see this bug fixed. =(
DarkhVorTeX

Postby kralmir » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:19 pm

removed what was written here, it said that gate griefers are unchanged because with crap in them they were not move able anyway so this update did NOT fuck people over more in that way.
[5:09:24 AM] kralmir: shrek is love
[5:09:27 AM] kralmir: shrek is life

"It's a survival game, not a Survivor game." -Potjeh, feb 1st 2012.
kralmir

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:25 pm

If somebody wanted to block your gate he'd use a palisade, MUCH cheaper than strongbox.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby DatOneGuy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 pm

How to tame boars easily:
Shield+Dash until 10 IP - > Skuld -> Keep advantage up, use Skuld when necessary ; 11 IP -> Skuld once->Sting Like a Bee -> RUN AWAY FROM BOAR so he doesn't get 1 Intensity, when cooldown is gone -> Quell

Do NOT pen them up, they will take as long as Aurochs if you do it that way. If you leave them unpenned however they will attack again almost immediately so if you can take the hits to your defence and are using Shield or Oaken Stance it's not a problem at all.

The other option is trapping them near the water and walking in and out, they need at least a 3x4 or so pen so that they can 'walk towards you' to hit you is what I got from my experience.

Got 3 pigs now, and Babe porked Natalie Porkman and Charlotte.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby ewlol » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:16 am

Here is a little pic of the cuties for anyone curious.

ewlol

Postby loftar » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:59 am

For the record, the problem with re-aggroing while taming boars is due to a bug. For now, you'll need to get the boar to reaggro as it normally would in the wild -- that is, by being level 3+ and having you in its direct line of sight. It won't reaggro after time.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Zamte » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:13 am

How exactly does the new persistance work? Do they still vanish over time like they used to do? or do they decay now like any other object? Does this mean I can put some in my house to keep them for later? I'd like to keep these high level bear corpses for when I have more survival, for instance.

Do they still disappear after 30 minutes without being loaded to anyone's screen or do they decay as normal objects?
If they now decay as normal objects, can they be put into houses and not decay in them?
Can they be stored inside of boat/cart/wagon without decaying?
Zamte

Postby Pacho » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:20 pm

I think the main reason they were made persistent was so that they could be put into containers. I would assume they act as any other object in the game.
Pacho

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements