Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Postby Retech » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Will cadavers still decay inside a house? Or does nothing decay in a house. I recently slaughtered a herd of Aurochs and carried their corpses with my alt to my storage hut, but I didn't want my hauling alt to lower the quality of anything on the Auroch.
Retech

Postby Lord0bsidian » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:23 pm

bitza wrote:so since nobody else posted it i guess i'll ruin the surprise: q10 roast pork gives 3.0 con and 3.0 str, so unless there is a kickass sausage recipe coming up or they do something else cool, no one is gonna bother breeding them

just sayin

pork is interchangeable with boar meat in recipes
Lord0bsidian

Postby ThirdEmperor » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 pm

Lord0bsidian wrote:
bitza wrote:so since nobody else posted it i guess i'll ruin the surprise: q10 roast pork gives 3.0 con and 3.0 str, so unless there is a kickass sausage recipe coming up or they do something else cool, no one is gonna bother breeding them

just sayin

pork is interchangeable with boar meat in recipes

Sweet.
ThirdEmperor

Postby sabinati » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:20 pm

FYI the metal prayer has been changed:
Cap has been changed now. The nugget is now given at the same level of quality as the amount of Numen points available to the character, but is soft-capped by ancestral stats.

It's not a perfect model, but it should at least prevent the far extremes of strange outcomes.
sabinati

Postby Tacheron » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:04 pm

loftar wrote:It might be a good idea to describe the new prayers, btw.

There is the Prayer of Life, which costs 20 Numen Points, and will take a seed (any seed) in your inventory, and change its quality to that of your ancestors' Farming stat (not softcapped).

It will remain to see just how useful they are.

The prayers are definitely useful, I already got a q143 seed of pumpkin, poppy, wheat, grapes, peppercorn. I was about to raise one of my peapods but it seems that they don't count as a seed. I've never tried to harvest peapods in their 2nd stage, can I do so and get an actual pea "seed" which I can then raise to q143?

Also, can you explain how come I got a q143 seed since my ancestor's farming stat was last at 108?
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby Daenerys » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Just tried it out with onions and hops, those don't count as seeds as well...this should really be changed imo, all those are a part of farming.
Daenerys

Postby DatOneGuy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Tacheron wrote:
loftar wrote:It might be a good idea to describe the new prayers, btw.

There is the Prayer of Life, which costs 20 Numen Points, and will take a seed (any seed) in your inventory, and change its quality to that of your ancestors' Farming stat (not softcapped).

It will remain to see just how useful they are.

The prayers are definitely useful, I already got a q143 seed of pumpkin, poppy, wheat, grapes, peppercorn. I was about to raise one of my peapods but it seems that they don't count as a seed. I've never tried to harvest peapods in their 2nd stage, can I do so and get an actual pea "seed" which I can then raise to q143?

Also, can you explain how come I got a q143 seed since my ancestor's farming stat was last at 108?

Did you have an ancestor prior to that?

It's 100% of your direct ancestor + 50% of the ancestor before that, +25% of the ancestor before that.

If you had no ancestors they default to 10/20/40 respectively, so if you had none you'd get 108 + 10 + 10 = 128
(So I'd assume you had some ancestors prior to)

--
Not working on vegetables is a pain, but I couldn't tell if this was intended or not so I didn't post anything on the matter. Most of the things that would benefit most are vegetables :/ Beets, Peapods(Grow slow), Onions, Hops(No one cares about usually)... :/
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Tacheron » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:28 pm

I didn't have any prior ancestors, I know that the system changed to 10/20/40 for new chars, that's why I ask...

I did have my farmer's hat on me when I died (q90+, I think that was +14 to farming), but I think loftar mentioned somewhere that these bonuses from worn items don't matter.
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby Tacheron » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 pm

So...could the devs please respond to this? :) I'd like to know if I'll be able to increase my peapods, onions, etc. soon.

If so, I'll stay full trad, otherwise I'm gonna start switching to change...
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Previous

Return to Announcements