Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Postby Eigo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:21 am

SlamBliss wrote:While I understand the reasoning behind the strongbox change, I am totally against it. I highly suggest looking in to an alternate solution, the idea of a permanently stationary small container is unappealing.

He could be planning to increase the size in response to the mobility being loss.
Question though, does this include just bones and crap too? Because I rarely collect the bones and I wouldn't want a trail of bones wherever I go.
Eigo

Postby sonerohi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:21 am

Inb4 Avu.
sonerohi

Postby NaoWhut » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:25 am

i hunt for only the LP and leave corpses
everywhere... hope someone takes them
i guess?
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby jorb » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:26 am

Cadavers still decay over time (in fact, they always have). It just means that they won't disappear every time the server restarts, or a map unloads.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby sabinati » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:29 am

sounds cool except for the strongbox thing... isn't there some other way to prevent them being used as gates?
sabinati

Postby kralmir » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 am

jorb wrote:Cadavers still decay over time (in fact, they always have). It just means that they don't disappear every time the server restarts, or a map unloads.

and this is why i ASK for FACT rather then your best guess people, your guess is not good enough because in this case everyone guessed it meant they didn't decay, and as you can see its wrong.

keep your damn guesses to yourself in stuff that you have no knowledge of at all in any way whatsoever.
[5:09:24 AM] kralmir: shrek is love
[5:09:27 AM] kralmir: shrek is life

"It's a survival game, not a Survivor game." -Potjeh, feb 1st 2012.
kralmir

Postby karmov » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:35 am

Well, I stand corrected. With decay on cadavers, it's perfect. Thanks for the update!
karmov

Postby DatOneGuy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:38 am

Strongbox griefing +5.

Strongbox every gate around someone's town, only takes 2 per gate, that's 4 steel, piss easy, they can't get out or in while you build a ram, snipe any one using crossroads and break all external crossroads.

I hope you guys plan on adding bigger gates if you're refusing people the ability to take wagons inside and out of their town. I hope you're going to allow some form of sectioning mines, since now living in a mine is impossible, being a dorf is impossible, being a cave dorf is impossible.

Why do you hate dorfs? Why? What did us dorfs ever do to you? all we want is to live in mines and strike the earth, now you're saying we've got until friday to stop being dorfs, you're mean.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Flascher » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:42 am

...I think pigs have been added. In ancestral worship I am required to get raw pork. Discuss!
Flascher

Postby Tacheron » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:54 am

Domesticated boars!!! :D
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements