Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Postby Paul191600 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:52 am

Please people...persistent means that they won't disappear after a while. Just like human skeletons I presume?
Paul191600

Postby Tacheron » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:52 am

No decaying
Tacheron

Postby Zamte » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:54 am

Immobile strongboxes is all well and fine until somebody's house decays with one inside, and it becomes permanently affixed to the ground beneath, barring the spot from being used again.

I'm all for them being limited, but immobile just isn't the answer. Perhaps add some new small 1 object cart (A wheelbarrow?) which works like the raft (you pull it around and right click objects you're standing in front of to load them) and this is the only way they can be moved. It wouldn't be able to enter mines, caves, or make any other similar transitions, and thus people couldn't use them to block entrances. This cart would also move at walk speed no matter what terrain, thus making it a good tradeoff for the normal cart on rough ground.
Zamte

Postby karmov » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:59 am

Thank you for being able to put carcasses in boats, etc... I was a bit surprised when I first tried and found out I couldn't.

Persistent is great, but people are already littering with felled trees all around me... I get the feeling the forest is going to get a lot uglier with animal carcasses everywhere. I'm going to have to hire a cleaning service...
karmov

Postby overshadowed » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 am

karmov wrote:Thank you for being able to put carcasses in boats, etc... I was a bit surprised when I first tried and found out I couldn't.

Persistent is great, but people are already littering with felled trees all around me... I get the feeling the forest is going to get a lot uglier with animal carcasses everywhere. I'm going to have to hire a cleaning service...

More materials and food for the other players, I'm happy :D.
overshadowed

Postby magius » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:02 am

karmov wrote:Thank you for being able to put carcasses in boats, etc... I was a bit surprised when I first tried and found out I couldn't.

This will be alright for players like me who pull the wagon around and scavenge. i like to pick up all those trees and use them so i dont ruin my forest... that im in the middle of replanting.... heh. plus its an easier way to grab a bunch of bones for some glue if your a few short
magius

Postby Sarchi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:09 am

Anywho, when will the servers be back up?
Sarchi

Postby jorb » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:11 am

A few new prayers.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby magius » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:15 am

my minimap is still dead tho :( just sayin.
magius

Postby SlamBliss » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:16 am

While I understand the reasoning behind the strongbox change, I am totally against it. I highly suggest looking in to an alternate solution, the idea of a permanently stationary small container is unappealing.
SlamBliss

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements