Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Stuff: Persistent Cadavers

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:34 pm

I do, but they *always* raise intensity between sting and quell.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Kahim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Then lure them into a gate or box them in. And after each skill run away so they don't get ip on you.
My motions are swift as a eagle, on my worst day I am still Lethal. No challenge, only start me when you learn the ripples of a butterflies heartbeat.
Kahim

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 pm

I'm doing that with the second boar, but it just feels wrong to abuse pens when I'm perfectly capable of fighting a boar in melee.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby ewlol » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Its not that its hard to do boars in combat... I just have already been skinned of all of my SHP and it's night. Kahim can you maybe post a picture of the gate method you are using?
ewlol

Postby Avu » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:05 pm

A big and well-established village, pouring all it's resources into a smith character will have anvil and hammer at like q300 within a week or two. Sure, the numen will drag it down, but when they don't care about balancing stats a whole village could easily pump one characters to thousands of strength with all their cheese. A million LP into smithing (not a hard goal if they take turns grinding hunting, so the char gains smithing 24/7), and even with 50ish numen the nuggets will be crazy q. It's even easier if you suicide the smith several times, so you get a full ancestor line, but it takes more time.

Do you know how much effort it'd take to get that q legit way? Or what an advantage swords and armour made with those will give? Especially if you get lucky and bloom reverts to cast several times, so final wrought comes near the quality of anvil and hammer.

You don't need to get lucky you need a full nature smith :) but yeah that shit is unbalanced needs nerfing fast.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Oh man, I jinxed myself when I said I get reaggro fast. Sitting here for 20 minutes, waiting for aggro. Can't use the taming exploit because boars don't come in herds. Seriously, devs, just what the hell do you think this waiting time achieves?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Sarge » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:37 pm

End of frustration with boar getting 1 point of intensity up before quell hits: Immediately after sting like a bee - RUN. when the cool down gets to the end, quell. Wawaweewa, great success.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby bitza » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:41 pm

so since nobody else posted it i guess i'll ruin the surprise: q10 roast pork gives 3.0 con and 3.0 str, so unless there is a kickass sausage recipe coming up or they do something else cool, no one is gonna bother breeding them

just sayin
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Hmm, I thought that pork would be usable instead of wild boar meat in sausage recipes. If you have any pork left, could you test that?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby bitza » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:45 pm

oh that never occured to me, sorry i ate it all to recover from many consume the flames..eses :lol:

you are right about taming them btw, it is significantly harder to tame a boar than an auroch. what i ended up doing was timing my shot of CtF to hit right BEFORE his attack, then his next move would be the attack which doesnt raise intensity, and with that cooldown comes enough time to squeeze in the quell. and also at the same time hoping he doesnt use his sidestep at that particular moment. it was definitely one of the more interesting PvE combats i've experienced
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements