Lesser update: Barter stand

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Lesser update: Barter stand

Postby DatOneGuy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:04 am

loftar wrote:
DatOneGuy wrote:THESE COINS, YOU MADE THEM USELESS-ER.

What an uncharacteristically insightless statement for being you.

Do you really think coins should be useful for trading just because they're called "coins"? :)

DatOneGuy wrote:Now, can these be stolen from? And if so, do they leave scents anywhere, or only on village/stake claims?

With regards to that, they work precisely as the old vending stands do.

Never built an old one, guess I'll have to find out.

As for them being useless, it means that unless people want to start a strict currency, old vending stands just got knocked one more step down :(

I guess I'll have to mess with them first.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Skorm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:05 am

lets hope it works
d_datica wrote:Get the damn server back up before I go back to having a life

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

~art By SacreDoom
Skorm

Postby PratzStrike » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:18 am

DatOneGuy wrote:As for them being useless, it means that unless people want to start a strict currency, old vending stands just got knocked one more step down :(

The world is still too volatile to have advanced to a point where currencies can come into play across a wide area. We'd need more trade and more effort, and really, how much IS a 1/100th share of a silver bar of variant quality worth to you? That number's different for everyone.
PratzStrike

Postby Mopstar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 am

hey loftar the change sign button doesnt work anymore

EDIT: aw feck it works now
Last edited by Mopstar on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfang wrote:
+1 I don't know how he did it, but Mopstar did steal his own stuff. You have to be a pretty hardcore thief to be able to steal your own things!
Mopstar

Postby DatOneGuy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:26 am

"Change sign" does nothing, and I can break them without vandalism while off claim.

The breaking without vandalism kinda blows (but I haven't used regular vending stands, so I'm unsure if that's how it typically works).

I could be doing something wrong with Change Sign, I clicked it, and nothing happened.

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now, not sure why it wasn't before, maybe the graphics weren't loading?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby sabinati » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:29 am

PratzStrike wrote:
DatOneGuy wrote:As for them being useless, it means that unless people want to start a strict currency, old vending stands just got knocked one more step down :(

The world is still too volatile to have advanced to a point where currencies can come into play across a wide area. We'd need more trade and more effort, and really, how much IS a 1/100th share of a silver bar of variant quality worth to you? That number's different for everyone.

silver and gold don't have quality
sabinati

Postby sabinati » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:30 am

DatOneGuy wrote:"Change sign" does nothing, and I can break them without vandalism while off claim.

The breaking without vandalism kinda blows (but I haven't used regular vending stands, so I'm unsure if that's how it typically works).

I could be doing something wrong with Change Sign, I clicked it, and nothing happened.

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now, not sure why it wasn't before, maybe the graphics weren't loading?

was it your stand or someone else's? did they put anything in it? it doesn't assign ownership until the first item is placed in it.
sabinati

Postby DatOneGuy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:51 am

sabinati wrote:
DatOneGuy wrote:"Change sign" does nothing, and I can break them without vandalism while off claim.

was it your stand or someone else's? did they put anything in it? it doesn't assign ownership until the first item is placed in it.

Mymain character's stand, was an item in it, my alt attempted to break it.
DatOneGuy

Postby sabinati » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:58 am

is your alt kinned... or partied?
sabinati

Postby loftar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:01 am

Actually, it's only half buggy. You have to actively own the stand (having put items in it) to change the sign; but the button always shows.

DatOneGuy wrote:The breaking without vandalism kinda blows (but I haven't used regular vending stands, so I'm unsure if that's how it typically works).

Yes, it does. Will be fixed after the next restart, so that it works kinda like with hearth fires. IOW, you'll be able to break it without vandalism either when a) it's unowned, b) you own it or c) it's on your plot.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements