Lesser update: Barter stand

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Lesser update: Barter stand

Postby Onionfighter » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:18 am

loftar wrote:
Onionfighter wrote:I mean if I want to buy them one at a time, then I can only buy five.

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying.

You are aware, that if you put several things into one slot, the "Buy" button only exchanges a single one at a time?

I'll give this a try in a little while.

Edit: Ok I was wrong, and this works. I guess two problems are that coin groups don't show the amount (as mentioned already), and that there isn't an easy way to tell that there are items to collect once the barter has been performed.
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby Jeff » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:49 am

loftar wrote:
KnownPredator wrote:5) to say what you want, you have to have that item to begin... unless im doing something wrong. Make it have a list of items you can choose from??

Making it a list has two problems:
1) It would be an enormous list.
2) It would be boring, because it would reveal items to players who didn't previously know they existed.

What about typing the name in a text bar? Doing so, one must know the existance of the item to ask for that. If there's no item with such name (or it was mispelled) you can pop up a window saying that the item requested doesn't exist.
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Postby Neyvn » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:54 am

Can a little extra effort be made to allow coins to be visible, just use the coin stack of 100 for the image, it doesn't even need to say how many coins in total but just the amount offered. It would allow cities like World's End help new folk start up and get coins faster with the fact that most cities buy linen in large quantities to build banners. The Lawspeaker of World's End is normally in the mines or watching steel so he never really has time to come out and collect the linen and pay coins, cause each time he has done that he had to use them straight away...
Neyvn

Postby spectacle » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 am

loftar wrote:
KnownPredator wrote:5) to say what you want, you have to have that item to begin... unless im doing something wrong. Make it have a list of items you can choose from??

2) It would be boring, because it would reveal items to players who didn't previously know they existed.
How about a small list of a few select items that can be hard to get and are in demand? In fact, just being able to select the different bars of metal would cover most uses, and such a list could also have entries like "any metal", "bronze, iron or steel".
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby loftar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 am

FWIW, I have now also extended the barter stands with item overlays, like the feasting tables, so that you can see from afar what is on them.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Jackard » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 am

loftar wrote:

actually its simpler than that: add the ability to drag icons from recipes to the request slot

course, that only works with the current system of boring preset recipes
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby loftar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 am

Jackard wrote:add the ability to drag icons from recipes to the request slot

Yes, I actually thought that I should do that, but since it would require client modifications, I was discouraged.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Pacho » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:56 am

A list of generic types would be enough I would think.
Pacho

Postby Sarge » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:02 am

Jackard wrote:course, that only works with the current system of boring preset recipes

I really don't want to derail the thread here, but are you hinting at the dev's or are you subtly informing us that non-generic recipes are in the cooker?
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Jackard » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:07 am

judging from their replies its been in the cooker for a while

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1509
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5839
http://tinyurl.com/2f5rrbr
Jackard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements