Game Development: Weißbier und Käse.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Weißbier und Käse.

Postby loftar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:14 pm

kobnach wrote:Sometimes it's bugs, but at this point I'm suspecting we didn't get rid of the thief lurking (logged out) inside our palisade, and having the wit never to leave worse than trespass clues.

That shouldn't be possible, though. As far as I can tell, one cannot interact with containers or cheese racks without leaving theft clues.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby kobnach » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:38 pm

loftar wrote:
kobnach wrote:Sometimes it's bugs, but at this point I'm suspecting we didn't get rid of the thief lurking (logged out) inside our palisade, and having the wit never to leave worse than trespass clues.

That shouldn't be possible, though. As far as I can tell, one cannot interact with containers or cheese racks without leaving theft clues.

The house with the cheese racks is in unclaimed land within the palisade; I moved my claim outside of the palisade to protect some saplings in the nearby ex-forest. The palisade itself is fully covered by claims, as is the brick keep, but that's left other space within the walls uncovered. In the long run we'd run village authority over the whole territory - but we've been busy repairing walls and palisades, feeding ourselves, and trying to experiment with things like cheese - not to mention being depressed about the pointlessness demonstrated by Coriander's murder. If a midlevel guy, logged on during the thieving event, cannot protect his resources, than very few people can, perhaps not even our highest level players. And with pathfinding implemented our chances of getting far enough from others to be left alone - are approximately nil, even with the new larger map.

[Edit - Hmm, I just checked, and as far as I can tell, the exterior of that particular hut is covered by the village claim, except one tiny corner, though most of it is in the lighter blue. Of course it's never been explained precisely what is protected - dark inner ring (where you can't place new authority objects) or both inner and outer rings. Could the devs kindly explain, and also check for the obvious bug - the house interior does not show as claimed (with the village claim overlay); is that in fact an accurate description of the situation - indoor space within a village claim can be robbed with impunity?!

Hopefully this is an in-village misunderstanding, or a high stealth thief - because otherwise you have one hell of a bug.]
kobnach

Postby loftar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Oh yes, I've forgotten -- village claims still do not affect the inside of cabins. That ought, indeed, to be fixed soon.

As for the inner and outer rings of the authority objects, they protect out to the outer ring, indeed. The inner ring is only the area in which new authority objects cannot be built.
loftar

Postby sabinati » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:56 pm

do personal claims affect the inside of cabins? or mines for that matter? if the mine entrance is in a personal claim, is the inside of the mine protected?
sabinati

Postby kobnach » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:00 pm

loftar wrote:Oh yes, I've forgotten -- village claims still do not affect the inside of cabins. That ought, indeed, to be fixed soon.

As for the inner and outer rings of the authority objects, they protect out to the outer ring, indeed. The inner ring is only the area in which new authority objects cannot be built.

Do village claims affect the inside of mines?
kobnach

Postby Colbear » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:47 pm

kobnach wrote:Do village claims affect the inside of mines?

I don't think they do -- it's been confirmed that personal claims don't affect the inside of mines, and I'm not sure why village claims would work differently.
Colbear

Postby kobnach » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Colbear wrote:
kobnach wrote:Do village claims affect the inside of mines?

I don't think they do -- it's been confirmed that personal claims don't affect the inside of mines, and I'm not sure why village claims would work differently.

I thought the issue there was that personal claims laid within a mine were no-ops, rather than claims that include the pithead.

In any case, this is a wonderful combination with object degradation - stuff outdoors rots, stuff indoors gets stolen.
kobnach

Postby loftar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Personal claims affect the inside of both houses and mines right now. I'm not perfectly sure they should be affecting mines, but they do currently. Village claims affect neither right now, but I'll see to it that they do.
loftar

Postby KiT » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:10 am

loftar wrote:Personal claims affect the inside of both houses and mines right now. I'm not perfectly sure they should be affecting mines, but they do currently. Village claims affect neither right now, but I'll see to it that they do.

And how about mines inside cabins?
KiT

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:00 am

Here's a question: what do people want more, the 20 Str Cave Cheddar, or the 50 Int Jorbonzola?
Surprise.
Peter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements