The Northern Kingdom

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

The Northern Kingdom

Postby DaniAngione » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:04 am

Greetings from the lands in the north to everyone across the Hearthlands!

The Northern Kingdom is a peaceful and lively realm with major focuses on trading, the formation of a thriving community and social interactions & events.
The realm was originally idealized by a small league of people belonging to different groups but has now grown into several villages, most of which are oathed members.

This is the Kingdom's official thread for matters of state, presentation and general discussion. Feel free to comment or PM us regarding anything that you'd like to know or talk about.

KINGDOM BELIEFS
  • Non-aggressive Approach
  • Predetermined Expansion
  • Fairness & Understanding
  • Personal Freedom

MAJOR GOALS
  • Peace & Tranquility within its borders
  • Limited expansion to cover our members' territories
  • Interesting Realm Bonuses
  • A friendly & Active Community (Trading; Help & Support; General silliness and chatter)
  • Collective and Communal Environments for work, events, trading and mingling

GENERAL INFORMATION
ABOUT: PERSONAL FREEDOM
The Northern Kingdom doesn't follow a fixed hierarchical organization but rather a free-form collectvity of communes under the same ideals and beliefs.
This means that each settlement and/or citizen is free to their own organizations and regulations within their own territories and shall be covered, protected and represented by the Kingdom as long as none of the actions undertaken by said settlement or citizen conflicts with our major beliefs and the interests of the others within the realm. Otherwise, each settlement or citizen has the authority and responsibility to respond for itself and their actions.

In other words, unlike some of the Kingdoms in Haven & Hearth so far - which are pretty much extensions of a single village/faction, feeding on authority obtained from their domain - the Northern Kingdom functions as an actual kingdom, formed by a collective of individuals and other villages, each with their own sovereignty and responsibility for their actions.

ABOUT: EXPANSION POLICY
Our main goal is to expand and claim over our members. Beyond that, we have limited plans for a fixed territory with no intentions of further expansion or territory contesting.
We have also been doing our best to work on a "Won't claim if not interested" policy - so please let us know here or through a PM if you have been unintentionally claimed by the Realm and we can sort it out or bring you in if that's your desire.

ABOUT: REALM POWERS & BLESSINGS POLICIES
The Northern Kingdom has a regulated usage of realm powers.
For safety reasons, realm powers are unfortunately limited to a minimal contingent of people. However they are not used by them either as we desire to have its usage reduced to the minimum amount possible.
State Funerals can be used for any member that loses a main character and has their body; we have no restrictions to that and will gladly help. From the Public Coffers is our major concern and is currently not used by anyone and won't ever be used unless if for the benefit of the whole community; i.e.: Buffing a well that everyone can use.

We now have a Public Spreadsheet for Authority Usage that can be accessed to see how is our authority being used.
You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

As for blessings, the primary aim was to get all buffs (rank 1) and now further blessings are decided with votes/polls among the realm's population.
Additionaly, blessings like "Mountain Tradition" shall benefit everyone in the realm since Lawspeakers get permissions to extend the realm to their villages' underground levels and anyone within the borders but not officially in the realm yet can request for a border cairn underground. We're against the widely know tyranny of certain realms and here we share our blessings.

Edit:
As of the early days of 2018, The Northern Kingdom has now all the possible blessings in the game!

ABOUT: CURRENT BLESSINGS
(Last Update, January 19th, 2018)

ABOUT: MILITARY & WARFARE
Following our beliefs for non-aggressive approach and peaceful attitude, the Northern Kingdom does not count with nor maintain regular raiding parties or attacking armies.
We do have, however, a military contingent - The Northern Watch - that stands ready to defend the realm's interests, borders and members as needed.

Update [August/September]
The Northern Watch now includes regular activities and training as part of the new reality and threats our kingdom has been facing. We're always ready to attend the interests of our allies and to counter-attack against any who attack us first.

THE CAPITAL
The City of Aurora is the capital of the Northern Kingdom and is supported and collectively maintained to function as a social, cultural and economical hub.
Among the plans for the city we can mention - in no particular order:
  • Theatres, Museums, Libraries...
  • Leisure Buildings like Inns, fighting pits and an arena for the national sport "Capture the Wheelbarrow"
  • Public Housing (Live in the city!)

Besides that, the Realm Market is already functional!
The City of Aurora is located around 32, -121 on Odditown Map.

You can see it here

The Market district is the main place to go for visitors for now.
You can easily access it with the "Kingdom Gate" located on 34, -120

The Charter Stone is in the market and can be located near the river to the east, on 35, -121

There's also a road from CF, it can be accessed on CF's west gate.

On the western side of the market you'll find the Crafting District. ( 32, -120)
The Crafting District has a variety of tools that can be publicly used by anyone, for free! :D

Here's a list of the Public Tools you can currently access:
Kiln q175
Anvil q616
Finery Forge q303
Rope Walk q253
Spinning Wheel q395, q448
Loom q386, q462
Potter's Wheel q225, q233, q293, q322
Cauldron q346, q429

We plan to offer as many public tools we can - always with the highest quality we can get.
We believe that an even ground for all hearthlings and equal opportunities would help close the huge gap that exists between "factions" and other players, giving everyone a fair chance in the hearthlands, preventing monopolies and exploration and allowing for a healthier (and greater!) population. As such, all our tools and public facilities were built with the help and contributions of Northern Kingdom citizens - but anyone can help (and use them!) - just check the "Kingdom Donations" barter stands near the Currency Exchange.

SERVICES
BURIAL & STATE FUNERAL AT JOTÜN ISLE CEMETERY
Near the capital, by the waters of Lake Aurora, rests Jotün Isle. Small and quiet, the place was transformed into the Kingdom's official cemetery.
Any person from across the Hearthlands, however, are able to put their mortal remains to rest within our grounds. With a grassy landscape and marble graves, Jotün Isle might be the perfect place for your final journey.

Any remains can be buried at no cost, they just need to be brought to the gates and the Bonekeeper shall do the rest.
However if you had a standing legacy in your hearthling's life and wish to continue it, the Cemetery also offers State Funerals as a paid service for non-realm members.

To request a State Funeral you can send a PM; please note the following, however:
  • The service might be (or not) available according to several factors. (Time availability, Kingdom Authority, etc.)
  • We reserve ourselves the right to refuse any burials if political tensions or other circumstances might compromise the Kingdom integrity

ADDITIONAL CONTACT
The kingdom mainly uses Discord as a platform for communication.

Our Discord Server is once again opened to the public!
Click HERE to join!

Please note we reserve ourselves the right to ban or kick anyone that goes against our community guidelines and beliefs, cause disorder of any kind, offend others, members and citizens of the realm or the realm itself, or just plain spams/annoys us. :roll:
Last edited by DaniAngione on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:58 am, edited 25 times in total.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Re: The Northern Kingdom

Postby Thaydi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:04 am

Long live Wulfking!
World 10 - Founder and Duke of the Duchy of Rattenschloß
World 9 - Founder of Meadhaus County
Thaydi

Postby FemaleSlave » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Have "The Fags" as they call themselves been dealt with ?

Last I heard they were terrorizing your realm unchecked as several threads indicate.
FemaleSlave

Postby pedorlee » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:00 pm

FemaleSlave wrote:Have "The Fags" as they call themselves been dealt with ?

Last I heard they were terrorizing your realm unchecked as several threads indicate.

Please use your main account to attention whore instead of alt ones.
As long as I remember this is not permitted.
pedorlee

Postby abt79 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Map coords for the Capitol city? I've recently become part of the realm and that's fine by me but I'd like to pay a visit
abt79

Postby pedorlee » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:01 pm

abt79 wrote:Map coords for the Capitol city? I've recently become part of the realm and that's fine by me but I'd like to pay a visit

What is your name on discord?

Nobody without agreement have become a part of the realm.
pedorlee

Postby DaniAngione » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:04 pm

abt79 wrote:Map coords for the Capitol city? I've recently become part of the realm and that's fine by me but I'd like to pay a visit

PM'ing you :)
And yes, PM your @Name to any of us to get an invite for the Discord :)

EDIT:
Also added our public discord to the main thread
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:45 am

Moved this thread to D&T at request.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby D0fuz15 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:31 am

I sent you a PM.
My friends and me live near rom you, im interested for trades or something like that :D
Good idea!
D0fuz15

Postby Greenie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:57 pm

DaniAngione wrote:ABOUT: MILITARY & WARFARE
Following our beliefs for non-aggressive approach and peaceful attitude, the Northern Kingdom does not count with nor maintain regular raiding parties or attacking armies.
We do have, however, a military contingent that stands ready to defend the realm's interests, borders and members as needed.

You can't defend yourselves from the Fags.. How can you defend an entire realm with no real army??

Don't get me wrong I like what you are proposing (a peaceful place) but it clearly isn't working..
Greenie

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves