the life and death of a Kitsune

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

the life and death of a Kitsune

Postby kitsune121x » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:56 am

I chose to join one of my friends with a group of his friends and it went badly

these are the things that got me kicked out making a road in the wrong place accidentally turning boar meat into animal fat and sealing the corners of a palisade I didn't want anyone to grief us with our own Palisade
I thought those were no big deal cuz of all the other nice things I was doing for everyone why I'm suffering from the f****** flu
I made 5 tarkilns so they would have enough charcoal for metalworking I mind all the metal they needed I even built three of the smelters
I even terraform the land they were living on mostly by myself for 4 hours

the week I was with them I basically help them build 70% of their base
my one friend got me to join them got me out of there safely cuz they were plotting to kill me but at the end I wound up drowning my character cuz there was nowhere for me to go

when I'm active on this game hardcore I play from 12 to 16 hours on this game every day up to this point that's basically especially when I have friends to play with cuz I like helping them I thought everything was going well I'm going to try to recover from the flu then I'll jump back into the game again
kitsune121x

Re: the life and death of a Kitsune

Postby budzilla » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:08 am

ok
budzilla

Postby Vassteel » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 am

My condolences for your loss kit.

If your interested, You could come and join us. A friendly and active bunch with some ambitious plans for the future.

The flu sucks Get well soon
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby VDZ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:54 am

kitsune121x wrote:and sealing the corners of a palisade I didn't want anyone to grief us with our own Palisade

Players cannot extend palisades on claims they have no vandalism rights on (Vandalism the skill isn't enough), so all sealing a claimed palisade will do is prevent you from expanding it.
VDZ

Postby Zachary09 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:01 am

I'd like to invite you to the recently founded Isle of Man. I will kit you out with all the basic necessities of a new player and then I'll send you out into the wilderness to build yourself a hermitage or join one of the many people who play here. We're a peaceful community, so far nobody has caused problems to anyone. I will be planning on creating a village there, perhaps also a kingdom.
Zachary09

Postby loskierek » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:50 am

VDZ wrote:
kitsune121x wrote:and sealing the corners of a palisade I didn't want anyone to grief us with our own Palisade

Players cannot extend palisades on claims they have no vandalism rights on (Vandalism the skill isn't enough), so all sealing a claimed palisade will do is prevent you from expanding it.

unless palisade is right on the edge of claim, you can expand it as long as new parts are outside, saw a hermitage locked out because of it, 5 hfs off for past few days.
loskierek

Postby Hrenli » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:54 am

loskierek wrote:unless palisade is right on the edge of claim, you can expand it as long as new parts are outside, saw a hermitage locked out because of it, 5 hfs off for past few days.

Are you sure the claim was active when the unwanted extension happened or it wasn't inside job though?
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby loskierek » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:55 am

Hrenli wrote:
loskierek wrote:unless palisade is right on the edge of claim, you can expand it as long as new parts are outside, saw a hermitage locked out because of it, 5 hfs off for past few days.

Are you sure the claim was active when the unwanted extension happened though?

yes
loskierek

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:08 pm

He's right. If the claim isn't extended out past the wall at least a tile, the new "wall" checks the tile it is on, not the corner post it was built from. If you aren't going to properly secure your base, you'll get screwed.

That said, probably should have asked before sealing corner posts and expressing why it should be done. Someone could have simply extended the claim, or someone could have said "Ok, then let's seal them."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby nardyman8501 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:28 pm

Hey you are free to join me and some of my friends we could use more hardworking players
Think like men of action.
Act like men of thought.
Live life with intensity
and a passion for excellence.

---Gen. James Mattis
nardyman8501

Next

Return to The Moot