Returning player (2+ years of absence)

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Returning player (2+ years of absence)

Postby Juukin » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Hello peeps.

Just wanted to tune back in and see how the game is doing.

I've seen some interesting dev videos with new combat system that is coming soon (I hope), being more movement based and having AoE indicators for attacks and such, will be way more fun for somebody like me coming from Albion, where the combat is very similar to that, and the game plays very similar to H&H with permadeath and such.

I was wondering, since my last time playing which was 2 years ago (Last game login was at 2017-04-06 16:02) how much changed ?
Is premium still mandatory for the LP boosts, inventory space ?

Is it anyhow possible to play (at least partially) solo ? At least until I get the grasp of the game again, and all the new things (if there are any).
Also, is the game still a bot-fest where essentially everything has to, and will be done by bots, while "you" are only a fighter, and only then care to control your character ?

I barely see any posts here, did everyone move to somewhere else to post, say Discord or similar ? If so, may I please have a link to that, to get back in contact with some of the people I played with.

Thanks in advance !
popfor wrote:jessy bby u r so bootiful u r a little princess from hevin and all thiese grodi men just want to use ur running skills in reel camberts. bby. its ok. I love you.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:why would juukin lie

Ozzy123 wrote: We are better at this game than you, we won, end of story.
Juukin

Re: Returning player (2+ years of absence)

Postby MightySheep » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:20 pm

credos, questing, gilding, oceans, new boat, meteor, no more siege/raiding, ant/beaver dungeons

at least those things were all new to me this world anyway

https://discord.gg/ZCm8vp

People do use discord actively but this world is just kinda dead activity wise anyway
MightySheep

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:38 pm

The monetization model is the same as it was in w9 and 10. See the Store for exact numbers (values are additive, so verification stacks with subscription).

I think MightySheep covered the core of the additions since the start of w10 and added in w11.

It's very possible to play solo, but, as always, it is about how much time you want to commit to doing everything that needs to be done and your need for quality increases over time.

Juukin wrote: is the game still a bot-fest

depends on who you ask. If you want to keep up with stat gains, quality, etc etc, then yeah, you're probably going to have to run bots to do the farming, possibly mining, maybe more. if you don't want to spend more than 3-6 hours every day doing things you need to do to keep up, then you're going to need to run bots. it's always been a fraction of the user base running bots because it's that fraction that wants to be the top of the game (or those that enjoy doing the script designing... sure there are other exceptions).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Archiplex » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am

Juukin wrote:Hello peeps.

Just wanted to tune back in and see how the game is doing.

I've seen some interesting dev videos with new combat system that is coming soon (I hope), being more movement based and having AoE indicators for attacks and such, will be way more fun for somebody like me coming from Albion, where the combat is very similar to that, and the game plays very similar to H&H with permadeath and such.

I was wondering, since my last time playing which was 2 years ago (Last game login was at 2017-04-06 16:02) how much changed ?
Is premium still mandatory for the LP boosts, inventory space ?

Is it anyhow possible to play (at least partially) solo ? At least until I get the grasp of the game again, and all the new things (if there are any).
Also, is the game still a bot-fest where essentially everything has to, and will be done by bots, while "you" are only a fighter, and only then care to control your character ?

I barely see any posts here, did everyone move to somewhere else to post, say Discord or similar ? If so, may I please have a link to that, to get back in contact with some of the people I played with.

Thanks in advance !

Returned just a tad late or i'd have invited you to bunk with me again!
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby CMDR_Salient » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:21 pm

MightySheep wrote:no more siege/raiding,

what?! Is this game 100% carebear now?
CMDR_Salient

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:26 pm

CMDR_Salient wrote:
MightySheep wrote:no more siege/raiding,

what?! Is this game 100% carebear now?

yes.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby vatas » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:42 am

Sieging/raiding is definitely still "possible" but if there's even one competent player defending it will take disproportionate effort.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to The Moot