Special Market

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: Special Market

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sun May 26, 2019 5:44 pm

You don't need to limit yourself to one person per boat anymore, that was patched.
Fierce_Deity

Postby jock » Tue May 28, 2019 7:44 am

Sweet Will update OP

Also added more Vortex locations
jock

Postby Jaxkell » Tue May 28, 2019 7:10 pm

Are you planning to build a Charter stone? I saw one at the Village nearby and visited it but it isn't active. I am new to this game and don't know how the trade works Am I able to use any coin? Or does it need to be "Crayons"? If so How do I exchange my coin for Crayons?
Jaxkell

Postby MagicManICT » Tue May 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Jaxkell wrote:I am new to this game and don't know how the trade works Am I able to use any coin? Or does it need to be "Crayons"? If so How do I exchange my coin for Crayons?

I can't speak for what jock's plans are for the trade market, but I can answer the mechanics questions.

1. Charter stones do not work across deeper ocean water. (I'm unsure if they'll work across "deep" or "shallow" ocean, but assuming "yes.") This will only be helpful for people on the same island or continent.
2. For barter stands, you can only use the coin offered that is made by the given press. Two coins can be named "Crayons" made by two different presses. Only the one will work for trade through a barter stand.
3. Coins can always be melted back into base metals with a Finery Forge. While you might not be able to buy something being sold for "Crayons" with "Dubloons," you should be able to negotiate a price with any trader on the equivalent of a nugget or bar's worth of coins.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jock » Wed May 29, 2019 8:30 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Jaxkell wrote:I am new to this game and don't know how the trade works Am I able to use any coin? Or does it need to be "Crayons"? If so How do I exchange my coin for Crayons?

I can't speak for what jock's plans are for the trade market, but I can answer the mechanics questions.

1. Charter stones do not work across deeper ocean water. (I'm unsure if they'll work across "deep" or "shallow" ocean, but assuming "yes.") This will only be helpful for people on the same island or continent.
2. For barter stands, you can only use the coin offered that is made by the given press. Two coins can be named "Crayons" made by two different presses. Only the one will work for trade through a barter stand.
3. Coins can always be melted back into base metals with a Finery Forge. While you might not be able to buy something being sold for "Crayons" with "Dubloons," you should be able to negotiate a price with any trader on the equivalent of a nugget or bar's worth of coins.

Thanks, Magic.

You can buy crayons at the barter stands in the middle for silver, gold or tokens. (you cannot use any other coin or purchase anything other than in coin)
I do plan to put up a charter stone for the market

I also plan to set up a few personal buying stands for glimmermoss, floatsam and such, sometime this weekend.

I will note that my ql's and the ql of most merchants here will not be of the highest ql as we have no desire to compete at the very top BUT they are affordable in comparason and will continue to be.
jock

Previous

Return to Apples for Oranges