Grand Principality of Mazowsze - a place to learn the game

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Grand Principality of Mazowsze - a place to learn the game

Postby Zachary09 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:05 am

Greetings! You have come here likely due to being lost or in need of a village. Fear not, for I present you the opportunity of joining this community.

The village is located on a small island with easy access to swamps and other forageable areas. Currently, there are no mountains and there is no access to mountains.

The village is led by a single person, namely the Grand Duke, Zachary09. He always has the final say on all matters regarding the village.

The village is built on trustworthiness and well-being of every member. There is minimal private property. However, you are encouraged to settle the local area at your own discretion.

This village does not accept criminals, as such - there is an absolute no-scent policy. If you are caught committing crimes, you will likely be exiled. Except for that one time where you had to trespass a claim to leave a message for someone.

During our playtime we discuss any topic we deem worthy of discussion. As such, there may be politics or foul language involved. It is suggested to be at least 13 years old to join. Due to the nature of the game, you may need to be older to take on the challenges presented to you.

The village offers:
  • an experienced player and teacher to show you the ropes and lead you forward
  • a palisaded, safe place to grow plants, raise animals and stockpile your goods
  • a mine for your prospecting needs
  • an attractive location, where you will find everything you need to survive and thrive in this universe
  • most of basic facilities: kilns, ovens, ore smelters, tarkilns
  • a friendly atmosphere, where everyone supports eachother and their actions
  • a map of the local area, including specific points of interest
  • some realm bonuses which will help you with initial character development

The village requires:
  • fluency in written and spoken English language. We are a multi-national village, and as such, you will be required to speak this language. You are not required to know every single word and all the grammar. You are more than welcome to communicate in your language locally, however
  • a fresh character spawn. The village does not take already established characters unless you are located on the island
  • patience and dedication in achieving a set goal - you do not need to be online often, however
  • a separate character to handle manual work, such as woodcutting, clay digging or surveying
  • readiness to follow simple instructions regarding work safety - there may be requirements you need to fulfill, such as mining in a specific way that prioritizes safety
  • at least weekly presence on the village discord. If you are online and in-game, you are also on the Discord VOICE channel. Failing to meet this requirement may result in consequences
  • because it is mandatory to be on the Discord VOICE channel, you may need to invest in a microphone and set it up properly
  • a project in a written, drawn or a verbal form must be presented to the Grand Duke before beginning any construction works - the village is built upon an existing village plan

If you are seen taking but not contributing, you'll likely end up exiled. This is known as leeching and may damage your reputation in the future, when switching villages. Besides, it is not fun for any parties involved.

Some facilities may or may not be restricted to specific members in the future. Everyone will be treated fairly, according to their contribution.

As every plan and list of requirements or rules is not fool-proof: the Grand Duke, Zachary09, reserves a right to exile and restrict access to any member deemed in need of such extreme measures

List of open jobs:
Stationary jobs:
Miner
Blacksmith
Tailor

Mobile jobs - those often involve the risk of losing your character in PvP or PvE situations:
Forager
Hunter
Lumberjack

You may fill for multiple jobs. You may have multiple characters doing many, or even the same job.

If you're interested in joining and meet the requirements provided above, please leave a message over at Discord: Andromalis#1928. Prepare yourself for a short voice interview.
Last edited by Zachary09 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zachary09

Re: Grand Principality of Mazowsze - a place to learn the ga

Postby Zachary09 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:28 am

Reserved
Zachary09

Postby Headchef » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:41 am

Yes lumberjack is very dangerous and mobile with all those trees walking around and the logs landing on your head.

Best of luck with your thread it looks nice have a bump.
Headchef

Postby vatas » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Wonder if you used Duke because more people are familiar with it, but to my understanding leader of Grand Principality should be called a Prince, Knyaz, or Grand Duke. Trust me, I've played a lot of Europa Universalis 4 and checked Wikipedia.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Zachary09 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:31 am

vatas wrote:Wonder if you used Duke because more people are familiar with it, but to my understanding leader of Grand Principality should be called a Prince, Knyaz, or Grand Duke. Trust me, I've played a lot of Europa Universalis 4 and checked Wikipedia.

You're more than correct. Fixed!

Bump. Still looking.
Zachary09

Return to Dwarves & Thieves