Dying for the Trade

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Dying for the Trade

Postby battleslayer888 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:01 am

I came across this post http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=67898 in the AfO, and decided to trade with him.
On my way to trading with this man, I came across a whale.
The whale was soo close to land, I couldn't miss this opportunity to kill it. So I did what any man would do, and aggro it on my main, forgetting that death to animals is a real thing now.
KO'd Twice but got to land and survived.

The Whale was on land though, and we had our hunter on the way to murder it.

It took time to kill it, and my trading friend was about to fall asleep. I felt bad making him wait, and asked if he could travel the rest of the way to me since I was around the corner from his base. (I travelled about 2 hours to reach him anyways, so I thought it wasn't to bad if a request)
So he decided to come per my request
What I didn't realize, is that he was fairly new to the game...
Few Moments Later...

"I am Die."
"With"
"Pearls"
Lilth last words to me, before she plummeted to a watery grave.

RIP LILITH
Can we get an F in the chat for Lilth... :cry:

PS: I will try to help him and his buddy out as much I can to help him progress back to his former stats, if any you guys want to help them to "Click link to their trade thread". We did end up completing the trade, and body was returned to them. I just thought this was a hilarious encounter, that I had to post it.
battleslayer888

Re: Dying for the Trade

Postby shubla » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:21 am

I hope you gave him an extra token for amusement.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby battleslayer888 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:30 am

shubla wrote:I hope you gave him an extra token for amusement.

Hes Polish, and I know you looking for more polish people.
And no I don't think a extra subtoken would be as useful as curios or tools would be.
battleslayer888

Postby VDZ » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:37 pm

Is there no warning for boat damage in ocean, similar to e.g. "The Snekkja will be left behind" when hearthing? If there isn't, there should be.
VDZ

Postby Kearn » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:46 pm

VDZ wrote:Is there no warning for boat damage in ocean, similar to e.g. "The Snekkja will be left behind" when hearthing? If there isn't, there should be.

"travelling on the high seas damages ships and boats over time" or something similar is the current message every time you enter very deep ocean
Kearn

Postby iamahh » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:48 pm

would be nice if boats changed 3d model when degraded the first 10%

something noticeable like missing pieces and invading water
iamahh

Postby VDZ » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:40 pm

Kearn wrote:
VDZ wrote:Is there no warning for boat damage in ocean, similar to e.g. "The Snekkja will be left behind" when hearthing? If there isn't, there should be.

"travelling on the high seas damages ships and boats over time" or something similar is the current message every time you enter very deep ocean

Right, I remember that exists now. Would still be nice to have a more explicit warning for rowboats and dugouts as 'damages over time' equates to 'you're dead within a minute' there.
VDZ

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:00 pm

VDZ wrote:Would still be nice to have a more explicit warning for rowboats and dugouts as 'damages over time' equates to 'you're dead within a minute' there.

Well, the client does ding at you when it pops up these red warnings. Dugouts and rowboats are a bit more survivable in ocean water since last world. You can actually move about 70-100 tiles in a dugout, and I've not seen a rowboat test.

And the warning is pretty "specific" as it says something about seafaring vessels. It's not something that has stuck in memory, so I can't quote it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby VDZ » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:17 pm

MagicManICT wrote:And the warning is pretty "specific" as it says something about seafaring vessels. It's not something that has stuck in memory, so I can't quote it.

"Travelling the high seas damages boats and ships over time." in white, according to my W11 Knarr screenshots. It's actually worse that way, as it implies that travelling across ocean in boats is a thing.
VDZ

Postby Sollar » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:51 pm

This right here is better than Titanic.
Sollar

Next

Return to The Moot