local resources

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: local resources

Postby Necrisha » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:44 am

Maybe suggest a 'yeti' rare creature. Like the Dryad and Treant it is un-killable and un-targetable, but it stalks around each localized resource once every few days and destroys any hearth fires within 20 grid squares of it.
Necrisha

Postby maze » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:37 pm

VDZ wrote:
maze wrote:Red handed on resource pickup would be a step in the right direction.
would then say being unable to drop or remove the item from inventory unless it's stolen.
and if someone is to steal it from you~ they'll end up with red handed since they KO'ed you or stole it from you.

Disregarding the futility of attempts to 100% lock the resource to an online character and the side effects it would generate, even if somehow it would all perfectly work out and the alt would just get red-handed for an hour while keeping the resource in their inventory, what's stopping said alt from just wandering deep into a cave where they're near-impossible to find, or hell, just having the alt walk around randomly for a literal hour using a bot? The resource would still be effectively gone. And that's not even going into small palisade-house setups somewhere in the vicinity of the resource for the alt to walk to after collecting the resource. What's the next measure going to be, you become unable to move for a literal hour after collecting a resource to prevent these shenanigans?

maze wrote:2) a skill that would allow you to gather from local resources~ cost 30k-50k if you get knocked out you lose the skill and have to buy it again. that should really curve the 0 investment bot problem.

Yeah, because it worked so well against crime alts. Putting a few long study time curios in an alt's study table is such hard work.

The point of the skill would be to make you aware that you're accepting the possibly of somebody attacking you if you buy the skills. Noobs need to know before just randomly picking.
And having 0 effort alts is worse then having alts you need to put sometime and effort into. 30k is very easy to get. but when added with a "remove the skill on Knock out". That person's going to need to put in more effort into gather with that one alt alone. I would not doubt 80% of the bot fire's is 2-3 people.

There's nothing stopping the alt wondering away. but atlest the fking alt locked inside of pali can't run. they would get fked over~ that's namly my problem. the fking alt that somehow manage to squeeze himself onto the resource node and is now inside a pali area. now I need to always knock the fker out for maybe 3 more times

and I agree that this does not not from massing bots on all the resource nodes.
I think we need more effort for anyone going to collect local resources.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby AGarcia26 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:28 am

Implementing red handed on someone for gathering a resource is just retarded. If you want the resource, monitor it and try to be the first to harvest it. It should be left as is and red handed should be reserved for crimes like theft/assault/murder.
AGarcia26

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 pm

there are so many ways to circumvent these dumb ideas you guys make its actually funny. you cant fix something that is inherently broken.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Previous

Return to The Moot