Way to go

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Way to go

Postby trondan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:24 am

Today I was killed by other players for the first time.

I joined this game for the first time with the launch of world 12 and I have come to love it for it's deep rpg elements. In the beginning, I was playing 8-10 hours a day with the friends I started with and I was having a lot of fun exploring what the game had to offer. Those friends being veterans of the game and having irl stuff happening meant that their motivation to play soon faded, and as such, I was left to my own devices. Being alone, I played more casually while slowly gathering mats for the goal of building my first fancy Snekkja, which was completed yesterday, and today I took it out for my first voyage.
Not even twenty minutes later, I saw other players in another Snekkja for the first time and expected to greet them in passing, like I had so many other times in smaller vessels. What actually transpired was that they chased me down and knocked me out. No words, no warnings.
Having rummaged through my cargo and not finding what they were looking for, they asked me to trade for 2 pieces of wax. Refusing to talk to them, I remained silent. After waiting for me to respond for 5 minutes, they knocked me out again causing me to drown, and then they left.
Is 2 pieces of wax worth griefing other players? Is 2 pieces of wax worth making a casual player quit the game in frustration? Is 2 pieces of wax worth making the world more empty and less lively? I guess it is.

Today I was killed by other players for the last time.
trondan

Re: Way to go

Postby rye130 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:59 am

Worth lul
rye130

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:01 am

Part of living in a world without the Rule of Law means having acquiesce to tyrants at times.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Setting » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:17 am

The point is...if on the first time they knocked your char, you travel to your hearth fire, they cant kill you and later you could back to pick your snekkja...

Wrong decisions like dont talk or dont port back were the cause of your death...not the 2 wax.

Iron will help you to in order to keep on this wonderfull game. :mrgreen:
Setting

Postby NeoBasilisk » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:06 am

Your first death is a hard pill to swallow. Sometimes it was unavoidable, and sometimes you learn a lesson that might help in the future.

The sad truth is that in a perma-death PVP game, some people will just gleefully kill everyone they can. They will say "it's just a game," despite playing it for 60 hours/week.
NeoBasilisk

Postby Glorthan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:39 am

One-post wonder.
Glorthan

Postby Moonpoppy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:55 am

hahahahaha!
Moonpoppy

Postby Stormhammer » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Your first mistake was talking to other players while unarmed. Always expect the worst from strangers!
Stormhammer

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:47 pm

Fuck sprucecaps - Jorb and Loftar, developers of the game.

Better not leave your walls if you don't want to die.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:14 pm

kicks dirt in your face as you helplessly struggling to get away
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Next

Return to The Moot