Killed by a knarr full of bots

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Killed by a knarr full of bots

Postby Dahka » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Hello, I have just recently been killed in what felt like an extremely cheap way. I wish to share that with you guys as a warning and also with the devs if they care about this sort of stuff, which in my opinion is an exploit and clear sign of botting in the most malicious way possible.
I was doing my nomad's credo quests in a coracle when I come across a knarr completely full of what seems naked people, I am immediately aggroed and soon after they close the gap and all of them hit me at the same time reducing my hard hp to around 30% and knocking me out, he then proceeds to do the usual griefing trick of destroying the coracle under me to let me drown, I manage to regain my consciousness before drowning and try to swim over to the beach but of course he is there to block me with the knarr. After that I drown.

Here are the screenshots I managed to take:

Destroying my coracle

Drowning

Dying while pleading and body blocked
Dahka

Re: Killed by a knarr full of bots

Postby vatas » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:38 pm

"But I want deep water to be dangerous!" -jorb responding to certain similar complaints.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby boshaw » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Rise of the attack bots!!!!
boshaw

Postby terechgracz » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:51 pm

The only fix I see is to just remove being able to drown at all, just make current drowning only affect SHP and if you are KO'd inside deep water then you should be able to just Hearth away.
terechgracz

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:01 pm

Sad!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:13 pm

jorb wrote:Die noobs, die.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Aceb » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:16 pm

Ardennesss wrote:
jorb wrote:Die noobs, die.

Seems correct.

I did wonder how long it will take for somebody to do a bot raid like that using knarr.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby dafels » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:39 pm

lmao

general rule for noobs and for anyone tbh is if you see someone on a knarr or in water chasing you, get on land asap if you don't want to die. If you had a chance to do this then I doubt that you would have even been koed because I am sure this bot can only run in knarr.
dafels

Postby Mario_Demorez » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:42 pm

I like how they all have fox hats.
Mario_Demorez

Postby VDZ » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:58 pm

I think the root issue here is the stupid effectiveness of sheer numbers regardless of how powerful the characters actually are. The fact that a small group of fresh spawns can just insta-KO a developed character is dumb, even disregarding the use of bots to control several characters at once, the knarr facilitating easy movement for a small group of characters, or getting KOed in a water vehicle being stupidly lethal.
VDZ

Next

Return to The Moot