Killed by a knarr full of bots

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Killed by a knarr full of bots

Postby vnsmirnov » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Astarisk wrote:
vnsmirnov wrote:Silver for the Ferryman - if it carried to the hearth! Many would be saved.

Just steal it off them before you bash the boat.....

But still this is a chance))
vnsmirnov

Postby czaper2 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:41 pm

#BringBackTheBotKilledCharacters
czaper2

Postby MightySheep » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:52 am

why? this is intended game mechanics
MightySheep

Postby DafyddapDafydd » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:19 am

that's got to be the best pirate I've ever seen
Tedium is a feature.

Formerly known as DaMaGe. Been playing on and off since World 3 in 2010, but my old account no longer functions.
RIP Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:28 am - Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:02 am
DafyddapDafydd

Postby Noid » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:50 am

I love how 99% of the comments are about what he should have/have not done to save his ass and 1% about the game breaking multibox that was used to kill him.
Noid

Postby PastTime » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:06 am

Noid wrote:I love how 99% of the comments are about what he should have/have not done to save his ass and 1% about the game breaking multibox that was used to kill him.

And even if the drowning issue is fixed, the multibox knarr deathsquad still remains a thing. I guess people shouldn't be given the benefit of custom clients ¦]
PastTime

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:36 am

Noid wrote:I love how 99% of the comments are about what he should have/have not done to save his ass and 1% about the game breaking multibox that was used to kill him.

It was pointed out early in the thread that it only takes 4 to 5 people on the same boat to do the exact same thing, and it can be people from anywhere, not just one person running a boat of bots. Combat from a boat is just broken.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Noid » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:44 am

MagicManICT wrote:

It was pointed out early in the thread that it only takes 4 to 5 people on the same boat to do the exact same thing, and it can be people from anywhere, not just one person running a boat of bots. Combat from a boat is just broken.

Yeah it was pointed out (1%) and the main argument became what the poor guy that died was supposed to do (99%).

But now I see the good point, since the combat on boats is broken then it is accepted to have people with multiboxes exploiting the worst out of it.

I also wonder if 5 people with different reaction and aim could achieve the same result of a bot mathematically aiming and shooting at the same time?
Noid

Postby Glorthan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:08 am

Noid wrote:I also wonder if 5 people with different reaction and aim could achieve the same result of a bot mathematically aiming and shooting at the same time?

In a boat, it's trivial with melee weapons, and it's been complained about for a long time.

As soon as you're in range all queued attacks for every participant are used at once.
Glorthan

Postby Glac1al » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:20 am

The game strongly promotes either having as many people doing menial tasks as slaves, or alts (energy, combat openings clearing too fast in 1v1s, this, maybe something else), hope issues like this will rise more awareness to this in general.
Glac1al

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot