I raided an abandoned house and now receive death threats

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

I raided an abandoned house and now receive death threats

Postby Lorefin » Sat May 09, 2020 1:18 pm

My friend's girlfriend joined my base and I wanted her to make a garden so I took some seeds and feathers (for curio to study) from a village that noone plays since long time ago.. Village I mean a house, fence and some dry ded crops.. I didnt even bother to raid all the things

Since I had trespasing previously because I wanted to have a cool looking ashen robe (xd) so I waited to gather some LP for theft aswell xp

But after the raid, random people come to my walls and say things like :

I am friendly to new players, once I gave someone hunters belt and spectacles xd but in that house noone plays since long time ago, I know because I often sail there.. if this person even comes back to this game he can have a lot of seeds regrown on my farm ^.^
dont people see all the plants in that place were dried up so noone plays in this house anymore lol

if anyone got offended by my criminal activities, i can give em a boar or something lol
Lorefin

Re: I raided an abandoned house and now receive death threat

Postby vatas » Sat May 09, 2020 3:10 pm

STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM

In all seriousness, I hope you can reach a peaceful resolution. As long as you have palisade and log in daily, it's quite unlikely that they will siege you down, but they can always gank you outside your walls.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby MadNomad » Sat May 09, 2020 10:27 pm

this looks like an excuse to me

when you can't reach someone who is behind a wall you need to find another way to be aggresive!

vatas wrote:STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM

so yeah, if they wanted to attack you, they would do it regardless of that so called "raid" you have done, they just want to kill any noobs on the way
Last edited by MadNomad on Sat May 09, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadNomad

Postby LadyV » Sat May 09, 2020 10:33 pm

I think the issue is you did what you claimed, raided. If there is an active claim, even abandoned, you will leave scents and it will be viewed as raiding. There are people who go out to look for scents. Next time scavenge from dead places that claims are gone from.
LadyV

Postby jordancoles » Sat May 09, 2020 10:55 pm

Criminal scum confirmed by scents and admission of guilt

Getum boys
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby bitza » Sun May 10, 2020 2:59 am

they don't care about what you stole. but the scents make you vulnerable because they track your location. if those guys were smart, they wouldn't have shown up at your base talking shit, but just waited until you went outside to pick blueberries or whatever and send out the gank squad then. just stay inside your walls until the scents expire, watch for nidbanes and you'll probably be fine
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby kirion » Fri May 15, 2020 8:40 pm

Idk about you but if i saw scents leading to a village calling themselves "Rough Thugs" i'd be more prone to consider them thieving bastards, weither it's true or not.
kirion

Return to The Moot