Anyone in Balder's Bra who can rescue this poor soul?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Anyone in Balder's Bra who can rescue this poor soul?

Postby woo00154 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:04 am

I've accidentally entered Beaver's lodge for the first time, and by the time loading finished, there I was, lying on the ground with 6 beavers surrounding me.
I believe the location is around (133,-37). (placed in deep water)
Is there any hero out there who can rescue this peaceful civilian?

Please, save this poor soul!
I still haven't cured my nasty wart :(
woo00154

Re: Anyone in Balder's Bra who can rescue this poor soul?

Postby jordancoles » Mon May 18, 2020 7:46 am

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby woo00154 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:13 am

As long as you beat the dungeon, I should be able to spawn back home!
Please save this bearded bald princess lel
woo00154

Postby vatas » Mon May 18, 2020 9:30 am

Game should do better job advertising that dungeons are really dangerous and entering one is easily a one-way trip.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Procne » Mon May 18, 2020 10:10 am

Is it not possible to hearth back home from a dungeon, after KO?
Procne

Postby jordancoles » Mon May 18, 2020 10:28 am

Procne wrote:Is it not possible to hearth back home from a dungeon, after KO?

no
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 18, 2020 10:59 am

vatas wrote:Game should do better job advertising that dungeons are really dangerous and entering one is easily a one-way trip.

One should not be sticking ones head into dark corners when there is a strong risk of an axe waiting to fall, either, but we don't have warning labels on axes.

It's a perma-death game. If you aren't willing to risk your character performing an activity, then err on the side of caution. In a tradional CRPG, you just reload your game (and in new ones, just respawn). Here, everything should be taken with a large helping of caution to begin with.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Moonpoppy » Mon May 18, 2020 11:51 am

Surely if you got knocked they would finish you off?

Sounds like a trap to me xD
Moonpoppy

Postby Nightdawg » Mon May 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Moonpoppy wrote:Surely if you got knocked they would finish you off?
Sounds like a trap to me xD

You can't hearth back once you're KO'd inside a dungeon, but you can log out and be safe.

But yeah, the coords are public so there might be some randoms camping there now xD
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby bmjclark » Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
vatas wrote:Game should do better job advertising that dungeons are really dangerous and entering one is easily a one-way trip.

One should not be sticking ones head into dark corners when there is a strong risk of an axe waiting to fall, either, but we don't have warning labels on axes.

It's a perma-death game. If you aren't willing to risk your character performing an activity, then err on the side of caution. In a tradional CRPG, you just reload your game (and in new ones, just respawn). Here, everything should be taken with a large helping of caution to begin with.

I mean, the fact that the ability to hearth while KOd is turned off exclusively in dungeons is probably something that should actually be mentioned somewhere. This game took an obvious turn towards making things less lethal and than seemingly arbitrarily left certain things to be lethal (swimming) or complete death traps for new players (dungeons).

It wouldn't take much to give a little experience / popup the first time you see a dungeon that says "If you enter this, you won't be able to hearth if you are knocked out. You can shift right click the entrance of the dungeon to see whats inside the dungeon before you enter"
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Next

Return to The Moot