PSA: Lock your gates

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

PSA: Lock your gates

Postby Kuddie » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:17 am

As I was roaming through the heartlands in my brand new kicksled that I just made, I came across something very interesting.
An unlocked and open gate, leading into a base much bigger than mine.

When I entered the base the first thing that caught my eye was a barrel of tar, since I have been desperately in need of more. I ran up to it and to my surprise it contained a whopping 54l.

Continuing my search of the base I grabbed the only rowboat around so I could teleport more loot out from this location.

As you can probably tell by this point, i'm starved for resources and will obviously grab what I can find, leaving nothing of worth behind.
Anything to progress faster, and thus I proceeded to steal most of their items.
Bee skeps, herbalist tables, chests and cupboards full of both seeds and food and metal plus some misc stuff.
Tools, decent chickens and eggs.

My trusty new kicksled proved to be a very successfull investment with the metal I finally found in my level one mine.

I hope this post will remind everyone out there to close your gates before you logout for the day!

I tried to fit everything I stole into one cabin, but it was not big enough.

Kuddie

Re: PSA: Lock your gates

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:24 am

I'm not sure if I should /facepalm or /roflmfao. Hope it was worth the effort. (Are there even any rangers left in this game anymore?)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby iamahh » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:47 am

OP left a scent when saved those as PNG
iamahh

Postby kirion » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:25 am

Lol

At the very least one should make visitor gates instead, it wouldve prevented all of this from happening
kirion

Postby Kuddie » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:58 am

MagicManICT wrote:I'm not sure if I should /facepalm or /roflmfao. Hope it was worth the effort. (Are there even any rangers left in this game anymore?)

Well I rolled on the floor laughing and then facepalmed when I encountered this base, so they are both valid reactions to this situation.
It was definitely worth the effort to risk my crime focused character and spend like one hour of my life to gain resources that would have taken me a lot longer to gain on my own.

I'm fairly certain there still exists some rangers out there, but so far I have not encountered them this world.

iamahh wrote:OP left a scent when saved those as PNG

Yeah there are way too many scents.
Kuddie

Postby Kearn » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:46 pm

MagicManICT wrote:(Are there even any rangers left in this game anymore?)

no because nidbanes are useless
Kearn

Postby Kuddie » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:04 pm

Kearn wrote:

Just take matters into your own hands instead of relying on a nidbane to do your dirty work.
Kuddie

Postby Whisper » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Kuddie wrote:
Kearn wrote:

Just take matters into your own hands instead of relying on a nidbane to do your dirty work.

What can you even do? I always send my 1 UAC alt to steal clay every other week and worst I got was a nidbane that got bopped by 2 quick barrages. Once you are inside your walls no one can do shit and the people who can won't care enough about petty thieves
Whisper

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:00 am

Whisper wrote:the people who can won't care enough about petty thieves

And that sums up what is wrong with this game since about w6. (worlds 4 and 5 just weren't long enough to matter at about 5 weeks and 4 months respectively.) Before someone goes off on a rant about that statement, I will agree that there are a list of complex problems that discourages people from playing the rangers.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Whisper » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:07 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Whisper wrote:the people who can won't care enough about petty thieves

And that sums up what is wrong with this game since about w6. (worlds 4 and 5 just weren't long enough to matter at about 5 weeks and 4 months respectively.) Before someone goes off on a rant about that statement, I will agree that there are a list of complex problems that discourages people from playing the rangers.

There is no incentive to play that role at all. Policing is something you do when there is an organized government, but realms aren't really a government so there is no one to send people to take care of crime. In the end, haven is an ancap game, whcih is incompatible with the idea of having unrelated people prosecuting crimes.

I guess people had a ton of time in their hands back then to be rangers because grinding was mostly bucket crafting
Whisper

Next

Return to The Moot