Found battering ram on my claim and got assaulted

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Found battering ram on my claim and got assaulted

Postby TheRussianB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:36 am

Found a battering ram on my claim and saw that it had 22 hours left to dry. Strength isn't that high so destroying it was taking a while. Got 33% of the way done after about an hour and the guy who built it showed up while I went to go eat. He took my stuff and almost killed me. Looked like he was dressed in steel plate gear and had a battleaxe. No idea why anyone would want to break into my base because I haven't really made enemies with anyone, and I haven't left any scents recently. I'm guessing they're just doing it for fun.

The person who showed up is currently guarding the ram. If anyone is willing to help, I would be most grateful. I can PM my coordinates on the world map. Most of my stuff is <100q so I don't know if there's anything I can repay you with.
TheRussianB

Re: Found battering ram on my claim and got assaulted

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:46 am

Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby TheRussianB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 am

MagicManICT wrote:Build some archery towers. http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Archery_Tower

Will do, thanks, completely forgot about them. Never built any because I figured nothing I had was of any value to someone who could siege me.
TheRussianB

Postby TheRussianB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:46 am

The guy came back and built a catapult :|

I was an idiot and got my energy slut alt killed.
TheRussianB

Postby mouspastaneura » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:45 am

TheRussianB wrote:The guy came back and built a catapult :|

bit of a fucking overkill jeez
mouspastaneura

Postby jeremybender » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:20 pm

were you shot from a catapult? AFAIK, catapults shouldn't harm hearthlings. Or they do?
jeremybender

Postby Headchef » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:00 pm

mouspastaneura wrote:

Without the catapult the ram would've been destroyed so it's not overkill it's more like "appropriate answer" to archery tower....

But yeah aside of that looks like someone is bored because the person getting sieged most likely has nothing of real value, especially since he has all this time to put it away on alts etc.
Headchef

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:18 pm

Headchef wrote:
mouspastaneura wrote:

Without the catapult the ram would've been destroyed so it's not overkill it's more like "appropriate answer" to archery tower....

But yeah aside of that looks like someone is bored because the person getting sieged most likely has nothing of real value, especially since he has all this time to put it away on alts etc.

90% of all raids/assaults are caused by boredom. there is no endgame and most people dont care about raising stats infinitely. so whats the next most fun thing to do? mess with other people.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:17 pm

PvP is the endgame. Control of the realm is the ultimate goal. Don't we usually have a "grand winner" thread at the end of every world?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby TheRussianB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:28 pm

A little update. He broke in and killed me. I misunderstood the battering ram drying time and it was actually 2 hours left instead of 22 hours. New char is currently locked out of the my base due to hearthfire placement and the guy locking some internal walls.
TheRussianB

Next

Return to The Moot