Proper complaint about RMT realm chat abuse

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Proper complaint about RMT realm chat abuse

Postby vatas » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:44 pm

(Assuming that The Moot is most applicable subforum to use)

SnuggleSnail openly advertising on forums.

Players (allegedly, I can't speak Russian) respond to this negatively

Possible solutions offered by our resident moderator:
1. Don't use realm chat. It's the only thing another player can ban you from.
2. Move out of said realm. While it might take a bit of time to find a suitable place, moving isn't as difficult as most folk try to make it out to be.
3. Create your own realm.
4. Deal with such drama in a more dramatic fashion... like removing the offending realm or slaughtering those that would support such a realm.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Proper complaint about RMT realm chat abuse

Postby cherryquartz » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:57 pm

vatas wrote:(Assuming that The Moot is most applicable subforum to use)

SnuggleSnail openly advertising on forums.

Players (allegedly, I can't speak Russian) respond to this negatively

2. Move out of said realm. While it might take a bit of time to find a suitable place, moving isn't as difficult as most folk try to make it out to be.
4. Deal with such drama in a more dramatic fashion... like removing the offending realm or slaughtering those that would support such a realm.

The moderator gave you solutions, what's the problem now?
cherryquartz

Postby MrBunzy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:54 pm

Uhm, what's the complaint?
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Clemence » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:55 am

Hong-kong belong to LoJo, not Snail ! funny battle, good RP content, nice sand box game, will subscibe again!
Clemence

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:56 am

vatas wrote:

Offering to not play the game / move somewhere else as an option is exactly the thing that people complaining about this do not want to do. OBVIOUSLY that would "end the problem", but not properly solve it.
Thus some other solutions are required.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:29 am

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby strpk0 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:49 pm

shubla wrote:
vatas wrote:

Offering to not play the game / move somewhere else as an option is exactly the thing that people complaining about this do not want to do. OBVIOUSLY that would "end the problem", but not properly solve it.

I'd like to see the point where Magicman even slightly hinted at "don't play the game" as an option. Either quote a person truthfully or don't quote them at all.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:33 pm

strpk0 wrote:
shubla wrote:
vatas wrote:

I'd like to see the point where Magicman even slightly hinted at "don't play the game" as an option. Either quote a person truthfully or don't quote them at all.

Well maybe the quote is a bit misleading, but in general people often say "well just don't play the game" if somebody addresses some problem in the game, and I wanted to address those as well in my message.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:07 pm

MagicManICT wrote:1. Don't use realm chat. It's the only thing another player can ban you from.

shubla wrote: OBVIOUSLY that would "end the problem"

/thread

since I'm a 10 year veteran of this game I know a couple expert tips, and since I'm also a really nice guy I will offer yet another solution that our resident moderator failed to mention.
if you are truly too stubborn, angry, untalented or upset to offer snail a poem to potentially unlock permissions in the realm that you chose to settle in that she spent so much time and effort making
you could take your game window and make it slightly smaller, allowing discord to be viewed and used without hindering your view of the game,
thus allowing you to chat with any number of people in the entire community IN REAL TIME while you play

you are welcome
Zentetsuken

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:35 pm

> ... in the realm that you chose to settle ...
Which kinda ignores the fact that the related realm its just about everywhere, and that other realms where more or less deliberately wiped of the face of the current world. (that is at least how it looks to me)

> ... in that she spent so much time and effort making
And in addition to that, there was also plenty of time spend by said individual in turning it into what it is now (out of pure personal boredom with the game I imagine).

Nether quoted statements/views are in any way, shape or form needed to point to "Additional alternative to Realm chat" => "Find and use some general HnH discord channel".

... Last day of Summer ... O crap, the patch-work season is upon us again. ...
mvgulik

Next

Return to The Moot