After couple of days i log in and see that

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

After couple of days i log in and see that

Postby Antaraner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:36 pm

relogt after a couple of days and RIP my base somebody handbashed my palisade and broke all my stuff.
Attachments
mybase.jpg
i will be back after the wipe
mybase.jpg (187.69 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Antaraner

Re: After couple of days i log in and see that

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:03 pm

Palisade is immune to being hand-bashed when following two conditions are met:

1. The Palisade is fully tried
2. Palisade is covered by an active claim.

If you had maintained the claim, then I'd assume you had left part of it unclaimed. This may not be the case if I remember correctly that handbashing shouldn't cause cascade.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Antaraner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:20 pm

was fully claimed. doors were locked.
Antaraner

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:35 pm

If you were away for "couple of days" that's enough time for someone to deploy Wrecking Ball, wait for it to dry and then use it to break in.

Wrecking Ball dries in around 22 hours real time.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Antaraner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:46 pm

i think i was shortly logged in on friday, but what happened happened. i wait till wipe and start new.
Antaraner

Postby shubla » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:09 pm

Yes it is trivial to automate checking of claims by first spawning alts next to each active place and then logging on once a day with a script to check them all through, and when inactive claims are found, build a wrecking ball next to.
But this is the game that we are living in. Do not expect next world to be any better, if devs don't soon change things.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Antaraner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 pm

i am 99% sure my claim was active, the crazy think is in under 5 min walk you find several bases that are desertet or have claim that are inactive. Maybe its that strange action village that spans over a gaint area trying to expand.
Antaraner

Postby iamahh » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:20 pm

I've seen Rams deployed on much smaller claims, also never seen a scent

at this point attackers are bored with resources and have 1000 stealth or something

best security is location I guess
iamahh

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:26 pm

vatas wrote:2. Palisade is covered by an active claim.

False, all tiles adjacent to each cornerpost and extendable wall must also be claimed, otherwise one of two things can happen:

1. A unsealed cornerpost or extendable wall can be extended off-claim
2. A new cornerpost can be built and extended to a sealed cornerpost

After 24 hours the new wall dries, and if handbashed, can cascade, destroying the claimed wall with no scent or notifcation.

This "feature" was added with the update Pigeon Rock, mid-world. The issue is suddenly mid world, claims flush to walls went from secure, to insecure. Also an update made it so that you cannot seal claimed cornerposts without perms, even with crimes. So unsealed cornerposts went from insecure, to secure, to insecure again in some cases all over the course of one world with no notification of this specific trick. If you cannot extend your claim your only option for security is to visually inspect your wall every 24 hours, like in legacy.

... Or maybe you just missed a wrecking ball. Not saying the above happened, but if your claim did not overlap your walls it is a possibility.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Antaraner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:33 pm

Apocoreo wrote:
vatas wrote:2. Palisade is covered by an active claim.

False, all tiles adjacent to each cornerpost and extendable wall must also be claimed, otherwise one of two things can happen:

1. A unsealed cornerpost or extendable wall can be extended off-claim
2. A new cornerpost can be built and extended to a sealed cornerpost

After 24 hours the new wall dries, and if handbashed, can cascade, destroying the claimed wall with no scent or notifcation.

This "feature" was added with the update Pigeon Rock, mid-world. The issue is suddenly mid world, claims flush to walls went from secure, to insecure. Also an update made it so that you cannot seal claimed cornerposts without perms, even with crimes. So unsealed cornerposts went from insecure, to secure, to insecure again in some cases all over the course of one world with no notification of this specific trick. If you cannot extend your claim your only option for security is to visually inspect your wall every 24 hours, like in legacy.

... Or maybe you just missed a wrecking ball. Not saying the above happened, but if your claim did not overlap your walls it is a possibility.

does that mean i could expand the cornerpost and wreck the extension and via cascade destroy the wall?
Antaraner

Next

Return to The Moot