After couple of days i log in and see that

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: After couple of days i log in and see that

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:36 pm

Cascade shouldn't spread into pats of wall that have higher soak than the part that was destroyed.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Austinh15 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:21 am

You can however let the wall dry 24 hours and THEN wreck it off claim, causing a cascade. It's essentially a stealth wrecking ball (no notification on log-in). The method also requires you to have criminal acts on, however it does not leave a scent.

I think when Jorb and Loftar made it to where you can't seal a corner post that's on someone else's claim (AKA no perms), they set a precedent.
People should logically assume that if you can't seal the corner post without perms, you shouldn't be able to EXTEND it without perms. This is not the case, however.

It's essentially a stealth wrecking ball (meaning no notification on log-in) that most likely isn't detectable by their somewhat recent logs that they implemented to determine in what ways did siege occur.
I don't want to throw the term exploit around, but I'm almost certain that handbashing causing the cascade effect did not have this method of siege in its intentions. I attempted to warn Jorb about the "mechanic" on 09/17/2020. I then made a video explaining how this works and sent it to both Jorb and Loftar on the forums in PM because I didn't want more individuals knowing how to use this. This occurred on 12/19/2020. Then they took their holiday break. I reached out to them again when I didn't see a patch in yesterday's update involving the mechanic, and Jorb has said that he'll bring it up in their next Dev Meeting.

I only see this as being used to destroy new players and hermits who most likely won't see the negative effects of claiming flush to their palisade walls. I only fell for it this world on a base I don't use because of the seal palisade precedent that was established ALSO this world. I assumed that if you couldn't seal another person's palisade, you couldn't extend off of one as well. I was 100% wrong. I won't be making the same mistake again and I hope this "mechanic" is patched out, as it's a bad look for the game. The method's of raiding or sieging aren't 100% set in stone, but I do believe that there are some defined game rules revolving around dry times, rubbled, and how much brimstone you can throw at someone. Though I'm not even close to being a good solid opinion on siege, I can say that my opinion is firm: This mechanic is obscure and realistically only works on the inexperienced. I believe that a good solution to this is simple: Don't let people extend off palisades if they don't have permissions from the claim owner. Though I'm also open to hear the argument FOR this mechanic from those who feel it should stay. I could be missing something.
Austinh15

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:31 am

Antaraner wrote:does that mean i could expand the cornerpost and wreck the extension and via cascade destroy the wall?

Yes, given the following restrictions:
- the claimed cornerpost must be unsealed
- the cornerpost must be next to an unclaimed tile
- you must wait 24 hours after extending for the new wall to dry
- there's a chance it straight up won't cascade or won't cascade enough.

Sorry we're hijacking your thread, Antaraner. Hope this is helpful in addition to the two scoops of opinion lol.

Austinh15 wrote:-snip-

I'll comment that I only really have a problem with mid-world changes to security.

I also would rather not have vulnerability next world. It makes siege and security more that little bit more complex for new players, with no solid guide or tutorial.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Previous

Return to The Moot