How tough are bears?

General discussion and socializing.

How tough are bears?

Postby RaptorJedi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:34 am

I'm looking to start up a small trading post near the Ring of Brodgar, and I'd like to get some bear meat/teeth, but I'm not sure how hard bears are to kill, or what people would want in trade for those items. I'm trying to think of something worth their time, to go out and kill a bear to trade the meat/teeth for whatever.
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Re: How tough are bears?

Postby Cejer » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:05 am

I am primarily interested in raw iron. Cast, wrought, or finely purified steel are all acceptable, at different values of course. Alternate payment may be provided in a sizable stock of grape seeds or carrots, but I only need a single load of produce. You selection of goods includes stylish capes, trendy tooth talismans, unworked teeth, choice cuts of raw meat, delicious bear salami, or hearty big bear bangers. Raw hides are available upon special request, but a premium will be charged for pack fees. Locations, times, and prices are negotiable. All products offered are made from the finest bear specimens found in the deepest wilderness.
Cejer

Postby sami1337 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:07 am

I am pretty sure you can kill a bear with 20 in marksmanship. But don't try that 7 rings out.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Lightning4 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:42 am

I tried tackling a bear with around 17. It wasn't so much the issue of hitting the bear, I actually hit it in my first three shots. With my druid helm and leather armor, the bear basically does 20 damage per hit to me. I don't even think any of my armor received much damage, as it seems like the bear just goes straight through it. It was a pretty painful experience. :P
Lightning4

Postby niltrias » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:00 am

In the 7th ring, with 35 archery, I tackled a bear. It took 120 arrows, and i had to stop twice from exhaustion.
Bonus point 14000 lp!
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby kimya » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 am

niltrias wrote:In the 7th ring, with 35 archery, I tackled a bear. It took 120 arrows, and i had to stop twice from exhaustion.
Bonus point 14000 lp!

nice one :)

by 120 arrows, you mean shots, right? can you remember how many hits it took?
you definately seem to need tea and a good supply of quivers^^
with marks 25 in ring 5 (i guess) it took me about 60 shots, but i cant really tell how many hits i got.

as a result, im SO looking forward to the new dev session, with arrows straight flying into quivers. crafting and filling 40 arrows is a pain in the ass.
kimya

Postby kaka » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:46 am

What *I'm* looking forward to is path-finding, so you can't kill bears that easy anymore. :)
It doesn't hurt that it makes clustered areas easier to walk through, either.
kaka

Postby Rift » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:47 am

yea, the closer to center forests you can do it with 20 marksmenship but you will go through 2 bags of quivers [ or 1 bag, picking up a bunch/making a bunch], a bit farther out 6-7ring you need 30+ marksmenship to do the same... >.<
I think the bears are somewhere in the have to hit 25-35 times with bone arrows range..

Remember if you hit a bear to low health it shoots fire out of its eyes, so be careful.
Rift

Postby kimya » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Rift wrote:Remember if you hit a bear to low health it shoots fire out of its eyes, so be careful.

really? havent noticed that! cool :mrgreen:
kimya

Postby Rift » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:11 pm

yea.. their picture changes and it looks like its really really angry
Rift

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar