Haven 2.0: "Hafen"

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Haven 2.0: "Hafen"

Postby jordancoles » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:21 am

loftar wrote:You don't have to worry about that at all. It's pretty far from being meaningfully playable.

Let me know when it gets to w1 playability :D
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:55 am

dagrimreefah wrote:Wow loftar, a bigger world is the exact OPPOSITE thing haven needs :roll:

I couldn't disagree more, really. The lack of meaningful distance, and the availability of teleportation has always made the world of HnH incredibly tiny. The only meaningful sense of seclusion and distance I've felt was in World 3, where it was incredibly unlikely to see a passerby in the corner of the world I lived in. Difficulty in traversing terrain and distance should be a central factor in determining the likelihood that you will raid someone or attack. The 'return to hearth' aspect has always irked me, making both distance out, and home, trivialized by merely teleporting with a boat.

Also: I would dearly love to see the return of the original function of the Charter Stones, but not their teleportation aspects.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby popfor » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 am

Id like to see mountains and such actually have volume... and not like salem either (i havent played since beta so eh). Possibly incorporate a sense of where you build your base actually matters, aside from quality or dangers of the local area. Although from what I gather its basically what we already have with a massive overhaul? I dunno, im excited, not quite sure what to expect :)

Edit: And I do believe I read somewhere that the Dev's were never going to make the game monetary.. in all fairness i wouldnt mind paying a small fee per month, it's understandable. But don't turn this into something ridiculous... (Lets be fair here, people who play haven have no real job? ;) )
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby overtyped » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:28 am

popfor wrote:Id like to see mountains and such actually have volume... and not like salem either (i havent played since beta so eh). Possibly incorporate a sense of where you build your base actually matters, aside from quality or dangers of the local area. Although from what I gather its basically what we already have with a massive overhaul? I dunno, im excited, not quite sure what to expect :)

Edit: And I do believe I read somewhere that the Dev's were never going to make the game monetary.. in all fairness i wouldnt mind paying a small fee per month, it's understandable. But don't turn this into something ridiculous... (Lets be fair here, people who play haven have no real job? ;) )

If they want funding, they should turn haven 2 into a closed beta, and charge 25 bucks for a key. They could keep the old haven open though, until the beta ends.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:38 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:The 'return to hearth' aspect has always irked me, making both distance out, and home, trivialized by merely teleporting with a boat.

I can only agree, which is why we made the same option so much more limiting in Salem. However, to be honest, there are downsides with that option as well*, and I don't really know exactly what to think in the end. It's one of those things we are discussing with pretty much no options off the table yet.

However, as I wrote in IRC, while I would like to see a much larger world per se, I would also want it to be much more challenging to traverse, so that it may actually feel smaller, especially to new players who wouldn't be able to traverse the rivers, hillsides, deep forests, wolf territories and whatnot else there may be. Preferably, I would like different characters to be differently abled in traversing different types of terrain, so that the "effective topology" of the same area of the world might actually be quite different for different players.

* Primarily that the trip back home can often be rather uneventful, since it's often just along the same path you've already traversed, with no real news along the way.**
** However, it should also be said that that problem has been mitigated to at least a rather large extent with the introduction of the Homestead Pointer in Salem.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby popfor » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 am

Bring back charterstones? ¦] it'll be fun i promise
Image Image
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:44 am

I think I can say with quite good certainty that charter stones will not be brought back. We have quite... different plans. ^^
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jordancoles » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:24 am

If you remove fast travel, PLEASE make keys work with the same system that Salem has. Forcing villages of like 40 members to have 1 key alt is just silly and unsafe
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby popfor » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:34 am

jordancoles wrote:
popfor wrote: Its bugged me for a while that getting over 950 dmg with a bow can become quite difficult

It incredibly easy to get over 950 dmg with an rbow :|
That being said, martial and peace are stupid and should not exist

Really? Highest damage ive reached is 950ish with a q110 rbow and 140 arrows? Am I missing something?
Image Image
#badboysclub
popfor

Postby Xcom » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:57 am

Thanks for a quick response loftar. But about Hafen, have you considered adding a queue system in it? Even 2 or 3 queues would make life easier for people with bad ping. The possibility's as pathfinders and such would make life interesting in haven.
Xcom

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar