Re: Cave music.

Postby Potjeh » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:00 pm

It never played on my computer.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Jackard » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:13 pm

Never.

Not on any of the several computers I've played this on.
Jackard

Postby Hamel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:17 pm

kaka wrote:...

Seriously, there's been bgm at the character selection screen for ages, no one heard it?

Not once. :(
The grumpiest tree you ever did see.

Character: Hamel, previously Chieftain of Ancient Bottleneck, a founding father of the Confederation of Bottleneck. Currently a hibernating soul.
Hamel

Postby firemage » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:06 pm

The sound engine is buggy unfortunately.

On my machine I have to choose between H&H sound or sound from any other program.
If I run foobar before I start H&H, H&H doesn't play any sound. If not, only H&H will play sound.

I have Ubuntu 9.04, an onboard soundcard (on a GeForce6100 mainboard), and JRE6.
firemage

Postby kaka » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:36 pm

firemage wrote:On my machine I have to choose between H&H sound or sound from any other program.
If I run foobar before I start H&H, H&H doesn't play any sound. If not, only H&H will play sound.

I have Ubuntu 9.04, an onboard soundcard (on a GeForce6100 mainboard), and JRE6.

I have the same problem as you, but that is unrelated to Haven, AFAIK.

But this sucks, I just thought everyone was ignoring the music. :P
kaka

Postby Loopoo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:51 pm

I always heard the Character Selecting screen music. Annoyed the hell out of me so many times, cause i'd end up spending 10minutes sitting there listening to it :p

I just though Jorb or Loftar had made it.

Never thought of you :o
Loopoo

Postby firemage » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:56 pm

kaka wrote:
firemage wrote:On my machine I have to choose between H&H sound or sound from any other program.

I have the same problem as you, but that is unrelated to Haven, AFAIK.

But this sucks, I just thought everyone was ignoring the music. :P

Could only be Java then. Because sound works perfectly everywhere else for me, and I don't use any other program written in Java.
firemage

Postby Chakravanti » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:02 pm

CG62 wrote:To be honest Kaka, if chakravanti saw me trying to sell cavebulbs he'd kill me.

We use those to get our metal :D

If you find them you can contribute them to community resources or sell them for your own items. But what I'm going to kill you for is logging out with the pick!!

@kaka - I think the music is great. I'm a major MIDI fan. I've bought the FFIII OSV like 3 times and it's always been stolen/lost and now the website doesn't carry it anymore and i'm unable to find it anywhere. Last time I bought it was off ebay. =(
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby sami1337 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Xybb wrote:If no music in neither of those (the caves and the login screen, that is ;) ).

I noticed i had the login music only while using osX but not when using windows. How does that work J/L? :|
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:48 pm

firemage wrote:The sound engine is buggy unfortunately.

On my machine I have to choose between H&H sound or sound from any other program.

It sounds like you'd need to turn on software sound multiplexing. I have a sound card with hardware multiplexing, so I've never needed to do so, and consequently I cannot give you detailed instructions on doing it, but googling around for "alsa software sound mixing" or something similar should turn something up.

sami1337 wrote:I noticed i had the login music only while using osX but not when using windows. How does that work J/L? :|

I don't know either. If I did, I'd probably have fixed it. ;)

It has seemed to me that the problem only manifests itself on Windows, and since I don't even have a Windows computer to test on, it's a bit hard for me to properly diagnose it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar