Old Fags

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Old Fags

Postby kaka » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:25 am

Rift drank all the beer...
kaka

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:54 am

Raephire puttin' the dust on me down Caketown way. Laketown lighting the first Idol. Goons, in my farm, raiding it. Saving many people built in by wicker baskets. Houses were cheap. The Longhouse, ah, the Longhouse. Rollbacks at every crash. No scents left whatsoever by crimes. I manually handed out mines. After a while we made them buildable anywhere. Mines in mines with houses in mines in houses with cellars. That was actually kind of cool, though. Building underground should be made possible again.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby sabinati » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:26 am

jorb wrote: Mines in mines with houses in mines in houses with cellars. That was actually kind of cool, though. Building underground should be made possible again.

damn right
sabinati

Postby sami1337 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:03 pm

jorb wrote:Raephire puttin' the dust on me down Caketown way. Laketown lighting the first Idol. Goons, in my farm, raiding it. Saving many people built in by wicker baskets. Houses were cheap. The Longhouse, ah, the Longhouse. Rollbacks at every crash. No scents left whatsoever by crimes. I manually handed out mines. After a while we made them buildable anywhere. Mines in mines with houses in mines in houses with cellars. That was actually kind of cool, though. Building underground should be made possible again.

I got a screen of that :)

Basket hell (and alike):

The long houses (the griefers house):

And from when the Diner opened it's doors and you visited:

And the griefer:

And his end:
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby burgingham » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I kinda miss the RoB as a meeting place. Also underground buildings were awesome. My first "raid" led me into a whole town built in a mine, but apparently it was run by goons so I got sacred and returned all their stuff plus a chest of BBB.
burgingham

Postby Spiff » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:14 pm

burgingham wrote:I kinda miss the RoB as a meeting place. Also underground buildings were awesome. My first "raid" led me into a whole town built in a mine, but apparently it was run by goons so I got sacred and returned all their stuff plus a chest of BBB.

That was apartment row! :3 Oh the good ol' days.
Spiff

Postby Jackard » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:56 am

sami1337 wrote:The long houses (the griefers house):

i'll have you know the longhouse was a work of art, simpleton
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby Jackard » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:57 am

i miss having a small world, but not so much the ghost towns cluttering the entire map. world one sure was a garbage dump by the end. i claimed an entire forest just so it wouldnt be cut down

hopefully the next world has improved mapgen and is less enormous/sprawling, more personal. islands and or real mountains/valleys might help
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby Bl1tzX » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:58 am

And then Blitz came in but everyone ignored him because he had only played in the first world for about 4 weeks... :oops:
Bl1tzX

Postby burgingham » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:13 am

Bl1tzX wrote:And then Blitz came in but everyone ignored him because he had only played in the first world for about 4 weeks... :oops:

I am not around any longer than you are. You just have to start posting drunk, then someday jorb will make you mod. Worked for me, too...
burgingham

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar