Situation control?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Situation control?

Postby sami1337 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:07 pm

That's why i chose to live among the foxes and built a wall around my place keeping them out (racks and houses).
I don't want some newby to steal my stuff.

Jorb tried to convince me to stay in the first ring, but i knew i didn't want to be there.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Re: Situation control?

Postby kimya » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:47 am

but thats one thing why this game is sooo amazing for me. the fact that nothing is controlled. ofc, there are hard-coded rules on which the world is based on. but every other thing just depends on the ppl who play it.

thats why , tbh, i dont really like to have quests and stuff in this game. its basicly the "creators" wanting you to do things, for whatever reason.

when i joined this game and spawned at the ring for the first time, i was overwhelmed by just the feeling that there was life, although i couldnt see it. there were baskets with things lying around and i though "wow, someone put them there for me to get some stuff in the beginning". (well, apparently someone just wanted to get rid of them or safe them for later usage)
or when i met the first guy, he told me he was moving and i could use his flat if i wanted to, and make me a comfortable home. (it was a bay12-guy, all props to bay12!!!)
anyway, it was so fantastic to see that everything in this world was created by ppl, and everyone strives to get a small place for him/herself, still not forgetting to care about others and help them wherever thay can. i basicly moved from one place to another, always having ppl around that helped me or whom i could help.

well, to get to the point, i think this only happens (besides other factors...), because the world is so open. nothing is regulated. as soon as you arrive, youre into the game, no introduction, no explanations, no extra "newbie" advantages and stuff. youre in the game.
GO LIVE IT!
kimya

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar