Mqrius's Mega Map Source Release :)

General discussion and socializing.

Mqrius's Mega Map Source Release :)

Postby Mqrius » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Heya!
As you may have noticed, I haven't been active for a while. The map (world 3) didn't process any uploads, because I turned it off after some mismatch I never got around to fixing.

I promised to a few people that if I ever went inactive, I would release the source. That time is now :)
For the time being I also reset the havenmap.student.utwente.nl, and opened the uploader/processing again. I also built a quick fix that should prevent the processing of all files earlier than 13th January, so you don't need to worry about that (although it's untested, but meh.)
At some point it may explode again, but I hope at that time someone has gotten my system up and running, and I can transfer everything to that person.

About the source:
It's rather chaotic, sorry about that. I have *some* commenting, but not enough, and on first glance you probably won't see what does what. So, the basics:
upload.php receives the uploads from the uploader tool, puts data in the todo table of the database (Data/minimaps.db), and sends a notification that there's new stuff.
eventListener.py listens for this notification, and sends the new batch to processBatch.py. Afterwards eventListener does some stuff to calculate the new score, and create zoomed out tiles for the map (called the Cache due to historic reasons).
In processBatch various things happen. First, batch is read, and matched against itself, then matched against the database, and then inserted.

Not sure what else to say. Really sorry about the chaotic code. Good luck with it :)

Source code link
Mqrius

Re: Mqrius's Mega Map Source Release :)

Postby Gotrek64 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:10 pm

:D thank you mate love yah

and begins the mass upload
burgingham wrote:Gotrek did a shitton of work there to supply people with farm stuff etc. You murder him despite knowing who he was. Why not assasinate the 2 people who insulted you and then get out? It would have proven your point much better and also proven you really do understand how to fight people and not only how to slaughter helpless sheep.
Gotrek64

Postby Sarchi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:33 pm

You didn't archive world 3 map?
Sarchi

Postby Grog » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Sarchi wrote:You didn't archive world 3 map?

:cry:
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby FatBob » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:00 am

I updated and the map still the same ?
cgbnab wrote:Last time I died I got a few seconds to stare at my corpse and watch NaoWhut call me a "bosha".
FatBob

Postby Oddity » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:04 am

I thought you were never coming back. Where did you go?
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Mqrius » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:43 am

Sarchi wrote:You didn't archive world 3 map?
Of course I did :P It's just not publicly available anywhere at the moment. Is there any interest in it?

FatBob wrote:I updated and the map still the same ?
That means it didn't match to the current map. Try http://havenmap.student.utwente.nl/?map=2 or http://havenmap.student.utwente.nl/?map=3 or whatever. It's up to map=6 at the time of posting.

Oddity wrote:I thought you were never coming back. Where did you go?
Lost motivation, as seems to be the fate of most of my large projects. I hadn't been playing for a while anyway. Still though, the map should run nearly autonomous now, barring any mismatches/errors, so it'll be up for a while I guess.
Mqrius

Postby Gotrek64 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:57 am

hmm still nothing on the map for me...
burgingham wrote:Gotrek did a shitton of work there to supply people with farm stuff etc. You murder him despite knowing who he was. Why not assasinate the 2 people who insulted you and then get out? It would have proven your point much better and also proven you really do understand how to fight people and not only how to slaughter helpless sheep.
Gotrek64

Postby Mqrius » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:04 am

Are you uploading as Gotrek64?

Maps up to map=15 atm :P At some point they'll start merging, if everything goes correctly.
Mqrius

Postby Gedrean » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:12 am

So glad to see you still exist man! Now there are three maps - two that have gotten some progress over yours but yours had some of the cleanest maps -- though one of them runs real smooth, don't recall which.

Anyhow, glad you're alive. :)
Zampfeo wrote:(On the topic of Open Spaces in W4)
You won't be saying that in a week or two when you realize how many abandoned homes there are. A 30 second boat ride south of my village literally bring you to the ghetto. There's abandoned claims everywhere with the occasional newb taking things and raiders patrolling. It reminds me of Detroit.
Gedrean

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar