Ragnarok Party, whos bringing what??

General discussion and socializing.

Ragnarok Party, whos bringing what??

Postby zombieexpert » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:20 am

I've got 100 L of beer ready!!!

Lets get fucked upppp
zombieexpert

Re: Ragnarok Party, whos bringing what??

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:42 am

I too have a nice full barrel of beer. We're going to need a lot.
Now as for getting the barrel there, I intend to first bring planks, then buckets of booze at a time over via teleportation. It'll take a while, but it's still faster than carting it, as long as I can use buckets and not bottles. Failing that, I was hoping there was a way to teleport the barrel over, but probably not.

One might ask why anyone would throw away beer by giving it away for free, and the answer is "You can't take it with you."

And remember- BYOTankard
Surprise.
Peter

Postby sabinati » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:12 am

luckily i don't live that far away so i'm just carting mine in. i did notice a few empty barrels starting to gather around the rob though.
sabinati

Postby Vanigo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:16 am

Peter wrote:Failing that, I was hoping there was a way to teleport the barrel over, but probably not.

Summoned hirdsmen bring whatever they're carrying with them, but you can only be summoned to your own town, so...
Vanigo

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:06 am

Well, there are roads from bottleneck to the RoB, so that might just work if I was a hirdsman. Lemme go look that up...
Surprise.
Peter

Postby Delamore » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:43 am

An army.
Delamore

Postby Colbear » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:17 am

Peter wrote:I too have a nice full barrel of beer. We're going to need a lot.
Now as for getting the barrel there, I intend to first bring planks, then buckets of booze at a time over via teleportation. It'll take a while, but it's still faster than carting it, as long as I can use buckets and not bottles. Failing that, I was hoping there was a way to teleport the barrel over, but probably not.

One might ask why anyone would throw away beer by giving it away for free, and the answer is "You can't take it with you."

And remember- BYOTankard

Make a claim and port buckets of wort. You can't put booze itself into barrels.
Colbear

Postby PhaedrothSP » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:58 am

Yeah but the point is to bring the beer over, already made, not bring the wort over and hope its ready in time for the party, even though it probably will be.

So its either that or use a couple of bottles.
Might take a few trips, depending on how many bottles you use, and if anyone helps out.
PhaedrothSP

Postby Colbear » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:32 am

PhaedrothSP wrote:Yeah but the point is to bring the beer over, already made, not bring the wort over and hope its ready in time for the party, even though it probably will be.

So its either that or use a couple of bottles.
Might take a few trips, depending on how many bottles you use, and if anyone helps out.

One cart can bring 400L of beer, and traveling (hopefully) on a road at a run pace isn't that bad.

One full inventory can carry 24*.6 = 14.4 liters of beer, teleporting back and forth, AND would need some empty barrels. This would take almost 30 trips back and forth from your hearth/town to the rob.
Colbear

Postby Jfloyd » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:27 pm

I sadly don't have to ability to really bring anything. I think J&L should implement a little dueling feature so we can have some entertainment.
EDIT: I thought of a simple way that it could be done.
Make a condition that if duel = 1, you can attack the person that initiated the duel, and they can attack you.
Make it so grevious damage doesn't happen, and make the chance to hit higher, while a duel is initated.
When someones SHP = 0, duel = 0. :)
"When I grow up, I want to be just like Kaka" -James Floyd, on growing up.
Jfloyd

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar