Person Who's Cutting Down Apple Trees Around Botteneck

General discussion and socializing.

Person Who's Cutting Down Apple Trees Around Botteneck

Postby Devour » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Whoever's cutting down the apple trees around Bottleneck, I hope you're happy. Your attempts to thwart our settlement's growth are hilarious, as nothing will stop the mighty dwarven might, but you will still seem to be nothing more than a bug beneath the feet of dwarven imperiality! We will crush you, your ancestors and your descendents in one fell sweep! Now, stop it, before we have to draw out the big guns.

To anyone who spots a female wandering around Bottleneck ( the Bay 12 Games / Dwarf Fortress town ), report the sighting please. We know her name, but we won't disclose it until she's dead. We also suspect her main character, and will be taking appropriate action in due course.
Devour

Re: Person Who's Cutting Down Apple Trees Around Botteneck

Postby moonshield » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:23 pm

I love this game.
moonshield

Postby Devour » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:46 pm

The annoying thing is that they didn't TAKE the logs left over. They evidently just did it to try and grief us.
Devour

Postby theTrav » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:59 pm

lame
theTrav

Postby Errol » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:07 pm

Gentlemen, I would first like to thank the person in question for not taking the logs. A serious griefer would have known that we're really short on charcoal. Thanks for supplying us.

Second, you're just lame. AND we have people capable of killing the foxes around our area. They'd annihilate you in the blink of an eye.
Errol

Postby shockedfrog » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:15 pm

It was me, and I'm sorry, this is one of those daft things I do half-asleep because it seems like a good idea at the time and then feel stupid and guilty afterwards. I actually intended to try and cut down as many trees as I could everywhere before i fell asleep, but then got kinda curious of the impact on focusing on that village and didn't really think of how it'd be seen. I think if I had used my normal name, it could at least be excused as an in-character act of rebellion, but using an alt for it was a dumb, pathetic move on my part.

I'm going to kill off my characters and then resurrect with fairly heavy penalties after i wake up. If one of the staff feels I should be punished further, then I accept that, though I hope you can understand that this wasn't done out of malice (other than the odd type which would fit my main character) and that we are currently living in a world full of little exploits and this one just went a bit too far.
shockedfrog

Postby Errol » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Well, at the moment we are pretty much just able to hope for divine intervention or implementation of tree replanting. And fortunately you missed a tree rather close to the village.
Errol

Postby Devour » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Death to the tree cutter!

Vote for Vahan as executioner, 2009!
Devour

Postby Blaze » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:50 pm

The inhabitants of Bottleneck are starting to sound suspiciously like elves :/.

Anyway, I'm curious to see how a settlement works in the game, is there a map listing? Hopefully one with lots of directions as I can't seem to fetch water without becoming hopelessly lost.
You see a masterful engraving by Blaze. On it is Blaze, bears, boars, and foxes. Blaze is striking down the bears. The boars are screaming. The foxes are in a fetal position. The image relates to the return of Blaze in the late winter of 2009.
Blaze

Postby Devour » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Blaze wrote:The inhabitants of Bottleneck are starting to sound suspiciously like elves :/.

Anyway, I'm curious to see how a settlement works in the game, is there a map listing? Hopefully one with lots of directions as I can't seem to fetch water without becoming hopelessly lost.

How dare you call us elves! Our marksdwarfs will show you the error of your ways!

Also, have a browse of the Bay Twelve Games forums.
Devour

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar