Dryad/Ent/Treemen/Woodfolk Sightings

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Dryad / Ent / Walking Tree / Green Hair Guy MEGATHREAD

Postby jcm2214 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Dnarlekced wrote:Driven by the deep urge to travel I recently spotted this handsome little creature somewhere in the southeast. Though (or maybe much more: because) it lives peacefully together with bears and other wild creatures I believe it to be evil.
If I am not mistaken one can ask, what is it's business down there. Isengard has long been overrun. Is it planning a new attack? Why is it running around free, unharmed and even further, unknown.

I hereby file a complain against his majesty and self named ruler of the southeast, Pumpkin, for letting fantasy creatures out of movies wander around without protecting or noticing the population.
I don't want to make this sound wrong but this is serious matter. I saw bears slaughtering innocent Hearthlings and this thing clearly cooperates with them. THIS is the enemy, right there! It is the Head, the Reason! It is everyhting you were looking for!

Protect the People or you shall no longer be self named ruler. Rather shall you be unaccepted, self named ruler of the southeast. And cruel.

Sincerely

If it is not fighting evil it must be supporting it.
ImageImage
jcm2214

Re: Dryad/Ent/Treemen/Woodfolk Sightings

Postby jcm2214 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
SovietUnion wrote:They spawn more often on the edge of the world. I live 10 minutes walk from the end of the world and I keep seeing at least one a day.

Seems they spawn less likely in the centre

I don't know what you are basing that information on exactly, I have three bases, one close to the Ring of Brodgar (centre) and the other two are both more central than the edges and I see them all the time too, at least one in most playing sessions. Recently there were two either side of a swamp and a third another 15/20 mins later.

The myth comes into play as to what happens when you follow them, some saying they lead you to treasure of some kind, i.e, curio's, I used to believe this was true as the first couple I followed led me to edels and the other to a bluebell but, since then, they have just led me around in circles for the majority of the time and one straight into the path of a bear, lol, being on a lowly alt and zoomed in, this was not good news. I rarely bother now.

Personally I think they should drop high q seeds if you follow them - tree seeds naturally - as other than giving you a fright they seem pretty pointless.

Don't they give numen after being followed around for a while?
ImageImage
jcm2214

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar